• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with rFactor 2 and Steam overlay

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by seriosbrad, Jun 30, 2013.

1. seriosbrad

seriosbrad

Ratings:
    +0
    When I add rFactor 2 as a non-Steam game via "Launch rFactor.exe" all camera angles are Black and pointed out the back window of the car lol.

When I launch it normally without Steam, it's perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix? I'd like to launch the game through steam as it's easier to share screenshots and let people know when I'm playing it.

2. Xavier de Carvalho

Xavier de Carvalho

Ratings:
    +794
    I might be wrong, but I don't think ISI, or rFactor for that matter is associated with steam? So it wouldn't be possible to use rfactor with the steam client.

3. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491

You don't need to bother with Steam when running rFactor 2, since it's not a Steam game.

4. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    You can add Notepad and launch it from Steam if you want. I was running GT Legends as a non-Steam game before it was released there, so I could use the Steam chat.

It's not really a bother, if it has features he wants to use?

Anyhoo, don't own rF2, so no clue about a fix, hope you get it sorted.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491

What features? You can still use the Steam chat without having to add the game to it.

6. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    The ones he mentions in his post.

Also, how would that work? Any game you install will automagically have Steam overlay enabled?

7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491

Oh, thought you meant voice chat. That is a valid point.