Problems with rFactor 2 and Steam overlay

When I add rFactor 2 as a non-Steam game via "Launch rFactor.exe" all camera angles are Black and pointed out the back window of the car lol.

When I launch it normally without Steam, it's perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix? I'd like to launch the game through steam as it's easier to share screenshots and let people know when I'm playing it.

When I add rFactor 2 as a non-Steam game via "Launch rFactor.exe" all camera angles are Black and pointed out the back window of the car lol.

When I launch it normally without Steam, it's perfectly fine.

Has anyone experienced this and know of a fix? I'd like to launch the game through steam as it's easier to share screenshots and let people know when I'm playing it.

You don't need to bother with Steam when running rFactor 2, since it's not a Steam game.

I might be wrong, but I don't think ISI, or rFactor for that matter is associated with steam? So it wouldn't be possible to use rfactor with the steam client.
You can add Notepad and launch it from Steam if you want. I was running GT Legends as a non-Steam game before it was released there, so I could use the Steam chat.

You don't need to bother with Steam when running rFactor 2, since it's not a Steam game.
It's not really a bother, if it has features he wants to use?

Anyhoo, don't own rF2, so no clue about a fix, hope you get it sorted.

You can add Notepad and launch it from Steam if you want. I was running GT Legends as a non-Steam game before it was released there, so I could use the Steam chat.

It's not really a bother, if it has features he wants to use?

Anyhoo, don't own rF2, so no clue about a fix, hope you get it sorted.

What features? You can still use the Steam chat without having to add the game to it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back