Problems with my steering wheel (Not again...)

This has nothing to do with how you threat a wheel lol. If you get a new wheel for this amount of money the least thing you would expect is that the switches go wonkey after just 3 months of use.

Actualy i find the g25 g27 better at this point but i dont think this is about wich wheel is better or not. I used a T500 for Australia but i felt back on G25 G27 because i felt more confortable with. I didnt gave up on the T500 yet but it requires time to setup properly. I actualy had problems with the pedals in the final 20% of travel in the pedals and its sensitivety wich was effecting me on braking and going on trottle in accleration out of corners. When i felt back on my old G25 with revised pedals for Bahrain i was instant faster with same set, and eventualy was about 4 to 5 tents quicker with it.

My old g25 wich was 3 years old intensive use only had problems in upshift since start of this season downshift fine. Pedals is a different story, but any pedals with pods will sooner or later fail.

But yeah overal the T500 has a better feel definatly but the g27 i use at this moment is faster for me so i stick with that one for now. But i intend to use the T500 later on once i got it setup properly and the modified F1 addon is arived.:D

Replacing the button isn't that hard the problem is how do you connect this new button to the rest of the hardware of the T500 RS.
You should of course have a little bit of experience with soldering and dealing with electronic parts. Then again this isn´t very difficult to learn, although I wouldn´t recommend making your T500RS your learning project ;) . Finding the right Button shouldn´t be to difficult as Thrustmaster and other Hardware manufacturer also just use standard pieces you can get in every bigger electronic supply store (like this one: http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/category/SHOP_AREA_14745/Switches-Buttons)

You should of course have a little bit of experience with soldering and dealing with electronic parts. Then again this isn´t very difficult to learn, although I wouldn´t recommend making your T500RS your learning project ;) . Finding the right Button shouldn´t be to difficult as Thrustmaster and other Hardware manufacturer also just use standard pieces you can get in every bigger electronic supply store (like this one: http://www.conrad.com/ce/en/category/SHOP_AREA_14745/Switches-Buttons)

Doing Mechanical Engineer and not knowing how to weld... haha thanks for the info :)

Now have to search a tutorial like "How to weld electronic compounds" LOL :roflmao:

Anyway thanks for the ideas to everyone ^^.

Think that my engineer project won't be soldering will be doing the definitive steering wheel hahaha.

You wheel is double shifting ? Thats problem on EVRY Thrustmaster wheel..My shifters died after 2month,and that happend also to Chris de Jong on 4 different wheels... :( Thats thrustmaster :mad:

M.Radivojevic
i have had 4 different f430 ffb but they all started double shifting at some point within at least 3-4 months if ur a heavy racer. now i have a t500 f1 and no problems so far.

My DFGT has withstood 4 years+ of intensive use and I'm at 100ms shift eliminations for now, fortunately it isn't getting worse :) In that time I only had to change some electronics and the IR sensor for 30€ (3 times at the service, they just couldn't fix it lol), and the plastic desk-mounting piece, which was fortunately the same as on my old FF EX. I wanted to buy something more high-end, but when I see almost everyone had G27 failing after some months, I'm just happy to stick with what I have :p

My DFGT has withstood 4 years+ of intensive use and I'm at 100ms shift eliminations for now, fortunately it isn't getting worse :) In that time I only had to change some electronics and the IR sensor for 30€ (3 times at the service, they just couldn't fix it lol), and the plastic desk-mounting piece, which was fortunately the same as on my old FF EX. I wanted to buy something more high-end, but when I see almost everyone had G27 failing after some months, I'm just happy to stick with what I have :p

3+ years with G27 and no problems at all. Except pedal pots getting a bit dirty as usual.

cLqZl.gif

I've had my DFGT for a year now (got it somewhere around Monaco last year). Logitech rules. :thumbsup:

Hi guys, after two days sending emails to Thrustmaster they are going to send me new shifters for my T500 RS for free.

I hope before tha canadian GP :D

PS: They have good attention service because i've been like a mosquitoe for them and they always answered really fast (10 min or so), to be honest they were answering faster than me :roflmao:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 228 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 288 13.5%