1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problems with logging in RF2 to go online

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ian Franssen, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

I had today a problem with logging in online. I thought I shared my solution in case others have that problem also.

When I opened my launcher after the server maintenance by ISI, the online button was grayed out, and the purchase section wasn't available. The purchase section I got solved by changing settings in Norton, but after that the online section was still grayed out.
    I was able to log in, but after I left the launcher I had to log in every time again, and didn't remember my credentials.
    I could also see that the credential files was deleted every time I left the launcher.

After searching on the ISI forums I found a solution. I had still my old credentials as a backup, and placed them in the .rfactor folder, and made the credential file a read-only file. That way I didn;t had to log in every time.
    I have been reading this only worked with old credentials, and not if you make a new one by logging in, but haven't tested that myself, as I had a back-up of my credentials.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 1