• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Problems with logging in RF2 to go online

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Ian Franssen, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen

Ratings:
    +668
    I had today a problem with logging in online. I thought I shared my solution in case others have that problem also.

When I opened my launcher after the server maintenance by ISI, the online button was grayed out, and the purchase section wasn't available. The purchase section I got solved by changing settings in Norton, but after that the online section was still grayed out.
    I was able to log in, but after I left the launcher I had to log in every time again, and didn't remember my credentials.
    I could also see that the credential files was deleted every time I left the launcher.

After searching on the ISI forums I found a solution. I had still my old credentials as a backup, and placed them in the .rfactor folder, and made the credential file a read-only file. That way I didn;t had to log in every time.
    I have been reading this only worked with old credentials, and not if you make a new one by logging in, but haven't tested that myself, as I had a back-up of my credentials.

2. Conny Naslund

Conny Naslund

Ratings:
    +49
    • Like Like x 1
  3. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,141
    • Like Like x 1