problems with clean install of RBR

I try to install with all settings for Win 7 64bit.

i have Nvidia gtx 570 and intel 960.

install and patched but i can't acess controlcenter to change my G25.
the game is sooo slow from start screen.

any tip anyone ?

ps i have 2 orginal copys of the game

I really dont sorry, im using vista 64 and a gtx570 and it went in ok with no problems.... people have prob matching desktop/ game resolutions (in your ini folder) but that has never resulted in a slow game and no control centre.. so sorry I am no help

The game is slow already from start meny and whatever i try to start from there.

If your base RBR when launched from the desktop icon is running very slow, then you have a problem prior to RSRBR installation, or something has been corrupted by the RSRBR Install. Did you test run RBR before installing RSRBR?
Launching from the default RBR Icon only launches the base RBR, it is totally independent of RSRBR.
I'd recommend re-installing everything over again, including the base RBR.

But before you do, can you post your Richard Burns Rally.ini contents here. Also, please let us know more about your PC specs eg. Monitor resolution in Windows.

clean install without patches. the game is so incredible slow at start

[Settings]
ConstantForceMultiplier = -60
Depth = 32
ForceFeedback = true
Fullscreen = true
MinDepthBits = 24
MinStencilBits = 8
ParticleQuality = high
RenderQuality = high
RunIntro = true
RunStartup = false
Sound = true
UseCubicEnvironmentMaps = true
UseEAX = false
UseSoftwareAudio = false
UseTripleScreenBuffers = false
WaitRetrace = true
XRes = 800
YRes = 600

With a system like that the game should fly. I'll assume your CPU is high spec as well, similar to the other specs.
It is certainly very strange if the base RBR is slow.
You should install the official RBR patches to test the base game (Your G25 won't work without the patch ver 1.02).
I'd also suggest changing your RBR.ini settings for video resolution to:

XRes = 1920
YRes = 1080

If it still runs slow after that, there is something wrong or something running that is interfering ie. AV ?
There is no point in installing RSRBR until you have the base RBR running well.
Maybe someone else can offer help.

Forget about control center for now.

Try

UseTripleScreenBuffers = true
Fullscreen = false
ShowFPS = true

in the ini file to test.

A word on Patch 1.02:
Nothing will work without this patch (1.01 never needed). Don't ever try without it.

You should also check the settings related to v-sync in your graphics card control panel.

Finally the game is running and i found out why thx to a guy in Pcars forum.

Many thx to Pyrhanaa for solved the problem and i give it a thought that maybe is the same problem with RBR.

the problem is the Saitek keyboard and after disable that the game is fast and smooth.

Now i can update all mods and updates and start driving and i'm very happy for that :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back