1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems when exporting to rfactor

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Andrew Moore, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Yo all,

Im having some problems trying to export my track to rfactor. I've been working on it for a few weeks and its my 1st one. I've had no problems exporting it to rf for testing, it worked fine, i added more and tested and everything was cool, But now, as its nearly finished, it wont export.

I've tried removing everything that was added after the last time it worked but its still not exporting for some reason. Im sure everything has been removed to its last working state but i cant be 100% as there is lots of vegetation. So before i scrap it all together, can anybody de-chipher this error message? Maybe someone can spot whats wrong? But its not the end of the world if its gone for good, as it was track making practice, but i would like to save it :wink2:

It was made on version, and i now have but it still wont export.

Here's the error i get whilst trying to export to rFactor:-

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    Error in the application.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.BaseMesh.Clone(MeshFlags options, VertexElement[] declaration, Device device)
    at BobsBits.rFactor_GMT.PopulateFromTerrain(TerrainArea loTA, Vector3 Offset, String lsName)
    at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.AddTerrainArea(Int32 TerrainAreaId)
    at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.AddTerrain()
    at BobsBits.ISIEngine.rFactor_Venue.CreateAll(Vector3 Offset, String VenueFolder, String TrackFolder)
    at BobsBits.Venue.ExportForrFactor(String ExePath, String VenueFolder, String TrackFolder, String VenueName, String TrackName, Boolean OverwriteTDF, Boolean OverwriteGDB, Boolean OverwriteSCN, Boolean OverwriteAIW, Boolean OverwriteCAM)
    at BobsTrackBuilder.frmExport.butrFactorExport_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    That may aswell be in Japanese to me lol, but i know you lot have large brains in this dept. hehe :dance2:

Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Windows XP Pro SP3
    AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 6400+
    3.21 GHz, 3.50 GB of RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT
    Bobs Track Builder Version v
  2. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

3. Thanks Brendon, read that, not sure how to find the 'Venue.xml' file though ??

Also i hav'nt made or altered any Xpacks myself.
    I used to make it but have latest version now.
    Also removed objects to last working state.

the Xpacks i used are:-

Ennis Extras
    European RE
    Haywood Club
    Old UK Ads
    Race Objects
    Road Mid
    Savannah Grasslands
    Trackside Objects

4. [drive]:\Program Files\BobsTrackBuilder\My Projects\[mytrack] to find the venue file. zip it up and send to piddy.
  5. Yeah, 1st place i looked m8. There's no venue.xml file or any other .xml files.
    Also no 'venue' files in the track folder or anywhere else?? Hmmm
  6. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

BTB saves to a folder which can be moved to anywhere you like. The current location can be found by looking at the Projects Folder setting under the View ... Options menu.
  7. Thanks, found the folder on a different drive. Its zipped, how do i attatch in this forum? Through a web link only?? Cant see an attach option.

8. use filefront,or 4share.com to zip it up,make sure you zip the root folder, that way no problems of piddy trying to get it going.
  9. Cheers Banger