problems, need help please

Yves Larose

Premium
hi a friend of a friend gave me a laptop to fix it is now running under Windows Vista Home edition premium but since the owner doesn't have the CD and neither have i i have to down grade it to Windows XP. i start the install it then loading all XP need after that as usual the screen go black with the blinking cursor at the top left but after maybe 30 seconds i get a blue screen telling me that windows have encountered a problem that i might have a virus or a problem with the HDD. the current install of Vista work well (altho slow cause all the **** on the pc) and there is no sign of a HDD problem, i did noticed that the laptop surface come very hot after awhile its running but i hear the fan running so i'm wondering if its normal.

the laptop is about 6 years old, its an HP Pavilion DV-5 notebook so anyone have any clue of why i get the blue screen telling me i might have a virus or HDD problem ?

i found the problem, since the laptop is optimize for Windows Vista the XP installation cd misses a driver for the HDD so the only way to install XP on that laptop is to add the driver to the XP cd and reburn it but since i don't have spare dvd's i found a Windows Vista cd and i will use his cd-key to reinstall it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.3%