Problems Joining Own Server

I setup a dedicated server and my friend was able to join and play on it no problem. However, when I tried to join my own server I was experiencing problems.

First off, my server appeared in the server list at first, but when I hit refresh I could no longer see it. Then, when I tried joining by typing in the ip address, I was able to go to the main server screen and see only my friend in the player list. However, nothing seemed to work on the screen. Clicking on my friend would not show him in the monitor. Typing into the chat box and hitting enter would not send messages.

If someone could help, it would be much appreciated. :)

Hi Kevko,
I'm experiencing the same problems, Reiza do know about this and have said it will be sorted out by the time GCS2013 hits full release. :)

Some can can run the DS and also join with no problems, I can run the DS but can fire up the sim to join it or it crashes my sim, with a few guys not even able to run the d/s at all..:( im sure it will be fixed :thumbsup:

Darn. I hope the server stuff does get sorted out. It has been hit and miss trying to find public servers that worked well. One friend just picked it up and I would like to do some F1 Classic with him.

The other night, another friend and I could not find a server that worked that was running f1 classic without issue and not passworded. In the one that was not passworded, our cars were invisible to each other until they suddenly popped up into each other and crashed, then disappeared again.

We also experienced problems in the one kart server we found. It was very choppy and unplayable for the both of us.

We did however find an opala server that ran without issues and had a lot of fun in it.

As an update, I was able to host a server last night through the in-game "create" option. I did not try it by running the dedicated server app and joining, as the first method was working. Will try that next time and let you know if it is working.

While the first method of hosting a server was working, I did not see a way to restrict the type of car to only f1 classic. When I added AI, it was adding ones from every class of f1. Pretty sure that people joining had the option to choose any class of f1 as well. Do any of you know of a way to restrict the cars through the in-game "create" option? Or at least a way to choose the car that the AI chooses? Thanks!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%