Problems getting started with gsc

Hi, I am new to the pc community, having moved from ps3 recently.

I am struggling to install the game, having played the demo.

I had to delete a file to play demo, will i have to do the same to play the full game.

Currently I am on my third download and install, which at max d/l speed of 440 kb/s is more than patient.

Is there something obvious that I am doing incorrectly.

My o/s is windows 7 64bit
quad core processor, 8gb ram, with nvidia 640 2gb

thanks in advance
Bandit

What file did you have to remove ? 64bit might be an indicator to trouble if you haven't got a hold of the latest versions for drivers. Make sure to update your graphic card driver to the latest version. Sometimes you could do the same for your mainboard, but this will be just advisable to the more experienced user as it could mess up your BIOS if something goes wrong.
Make sure to check whether or not you can play fine with the d3d9.dll as this seems to be troublesome to quite a few people. rename it in your GSC directory if needed.

Thanks M4VS,
graphics card drivers updated 4 days ago, i renamed the d3d9.dll to d3d9_.dll as i read to do but still wouldn't launch, so as i also read i tried to delete file, so i had no mini map, launched game, enjoyed demo, so bought game.

Only now game install wont run, so I am currently d/ling it again.

Make sure your download generates the correct MD5Hashes. I think Alex Sawczuk can give you the needed values, so you can check if your download is corrupt or not.
In certain circumstances cleaning your registry does wonders aswell but I'll leave this to the advanced.

I messaged Reiza about the needed packages to avoid the d3d9.dll incident, hopefully those will be added to the FAQ.

In the meantime make sure you have the AIO Package from here installed.
http://www.sereby.org/site/AiO
It prevents general trouble with basically a majority of software as it has all the updated library codes.

ok, so I got the game downloaded, entered my code, code accepted, go to start game, get to the main menu, if i select any option in there the game crashes, I am not up to date with pc's, and my head is gonna explode.

I just wanna race

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: GSC.exe
Application Version: 1.7.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4e860117
Fault Module Name: GSC.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.7.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e860117
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000675a4
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3