Problems adding mods in Windows 7

I am going nuts over here! I haven't raced in a while and last I raced I was using Windows XP. I reformatted to Windows 7 Pro and am having one hell of a time finding or accessing my Race 07 gamedata folder ( Steam Version). I want to race Monday night in the GT Club series but I can't install the track to do so.

I have searched in Documents/Simbin folder and Steam/Race 07 folder and the gamedata and/or locations folder is no where to be found! I also tried creating it in both locations and still no success!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks..

I have went to Program files (x86) which is where the steam folder is. It's not in the regular program files. The race 07 folder is in a folder with my login name I have for race 07. The only files I see in there are:

Custom Skins
UI Data
binkw32.dll
config
d3dx9_36.dll
dsetup.dll
mss32.dll
mssmp3.asi
Race_Steam
RaceDedicatedServer_Steam
Registration_Steam
ResultReporter
steam_api.dll
SteamExpansionApp
SteamProxy

But no gamedata folder or locations or even vehicles

Call me weird but try to make the Gamedata folder

And place in that folder
Locations
Sounds
Talent
Teams

I have tried creating the gamedata folder and then locations and putting the mod in there in both Documents/simbin folder and Program files (x86) Steam/Race07 folder. I boot up Race 07 and the track is not there :(

I am the administrator of my puter but I have read that to access everything you have to run as administrator which I believe I am doing already. I am baffled here.

Here is my path to Race07 Gamedata folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\race 07\Gamedata

running Win7 HE

Yes I use the same exact path although the gamedata folder isn't there or Windows isn't giving me access to it! It's gotta be in there otherwise race 07 wouldn't run properly ya know... All the default tracks/vehicles ect... are present in the sim. I just can not for the life of me get to the folders to put my track mod in there!

I love the GT Club series and am determined to figure this out! I just hope I can do it in time for tomorrow night.

i supose its concerning Interlagos.

When you unpack the file all the necessary maps are already there.

So you have to put them in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\race 07\Gamedata

Original file unpacked Interlagos_2.0...... open that one and you see the folder gamedata

i supose its concerning Interlagos.

When you unpack the file all the necessary maps are already there.

So you have to put them in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\race 07\Gamedata

I am not home yet to try more things but will be shortly. The problem is that I can not see or access my gamedata folder! I know... weird but it's like it doesn't even exist even though its got to be there! I will try what Abdul suggested as soon as I get home and report back.

The default install in Windows 7 does not create a gamedata folder, you have to create it. I had the same issue. it should be in the documents etc that everyone has been saying. Once you get into the simbin/race folder create a new folder and name it Gamedata then you can put your tracks and mods there as required.

The default install in Windows 7 does not create a gamedata folder, you have to create it.

I got it!!! :woot: I created the Gamedata folder in Program files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Username/Race07. Then in gamedata made a locations folder and extracted the mod to desktop and then dragged and dropped it into locations folder and it worked.

I could have sworn I tried that already but perhaps only in the simbin folder in Documents. Anyhow I booted up race 07 and there it was under add ons!

Thanks to all that had input on this! It's been about a year since I did this stuff and am very rusty plus with the new OS in the mix I was confused and irritated! Happy now though! Thanks :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back