Problem with T500RS

Hi Guys,

Had a look around the forums and done a couple of searches but nothing. I'm a bit of a Noob to PC Race SIMs and am keen to give it a go so got the LITE version to have a play with. Straight away my Steering wheel is not playing ball. I set the wheel driver to 560 deg and also the in game to the same but the wheel seems to flop one way then the other. Impossible to drive a lap, I saw a VBLOG that said that was a good setting to start with but maybe thats what screwed it up. Any Ideas?? I'll set things back to default (T500RS Control Panel to 900 and GSCE to 270) to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks guys, what a Noob! :thumbsdown: So that's why the FFB goes from - to +!!! I did manage to get a few laps in last night with Mini, was good fun, seemed a bit slow moving, I'll need to play with the settings to see if I can improve the feel of the game.

Now you should be able to use the steering range you want (do note that the default is 540, not 560 as you said in your first post). If you use 540, remember to adjust steering lock in the car setup (the default is 14, you'll want 21 or 22).

Set your t500rs to these settings:
And I also set my rotation to 540 in the thrustmaster controls.

In game, put your ffb all the way to the right +100, and change rotation to 540. In car setup change steering lock to 28 or 30. Give it a go, you might find it feel a bit better. I also set the FFB to full too. :)

I just got this game yesterday. I had tried the demo a couple months ago so I knew how to adjust the steering lock, FFB, etc., at that time I had a GT3 RS V2 and the FFB felt great on it. Now I have a T300 RS and when I tried the full game last night the FFB felt incredibly weak. Tried the Formula Vee at first since I'd heard such good things, it was like the FFB was deactivated and replaced with a vibrator. Then tried the Mini thinking maybe it was just something with the FVee, the Mini felt better but still a bit weak. I cranked my profiler up to 95 and that made it feel better but I feel that's too high of a setting in the profiler and I'm likely getting major clipping (though I doubt it seeing how light the wheel feels). In game settings are FFB at full and +100%, tried rotation of both 900 and 540, no difference.

Any thoughts as to why this may be? I feel if I have to run all settings, including profiler, at or near 100% then something isn't quite right. I normally have my profiler at 85 and can adjust in-game settings on R3E and AC to get a nice feel.

Anyone? I tried other formula cars tonight and there's not distance to the FFB. It shakes and spins but there's no weight to it. I drove a Formula Retro around Interlagos with one finger, with both profiler and game FFB settings at 100% and that can't be right. Regular cars feel ok, but a bit lighter than they should be.

Edit: just drove the stock car and it feels fantastic, had to dial the FFB back because it was too heavy. What the heck is going on here?

Last edited:
Anyone? I tried other formula cars tonight and there's not distance to the FFB. It shakes and spins but there's no weight to it. I drove a Formula Retro around Interlagos with one finger, with both profiler and game FFB settings at 100% and that can't be right. Regular cars feel ok, but a bit lighter than they should be.

Edit: just drove the stock car and it feels fantastic, had to dial the FFB back because it was too heavy. What the heck is going on here?
Did you try move the FFB slider to see if it makes a difference?

Also if you feel that does not make a difference go & disable the real feel. Edit RealFeelPlugin.ini
On the first line just set it to false & save.

Did you try move the FFB slider to see if it makes a difference?

Also if you feel that does not make a difference go & disable the real feel. Edit RealFeelPlugin.ini
On the first line just set it to false & save.

I have the FFB slider at +100%, can't go any higher, if I move it lower it makes no difference. If I move it to negative it feels all wrong and backwards. On the touring car I actually had to turn the slider down to around 80% because it was too heavy but on the formula cars there's literally zero resistance in the turns, only bumps and shakes. Even after cranking my profiler setting to 100%, nothing. The Mini and Opela were in between, felt pretty good but I still felt they were lighter than they should be and I had to crank everything to 100 just to get there.

I guess I could disable the real feel, but if I have to do that then I think that indicates that something is wrong. I had issues even getting the game installed, took several downloads/uninstalls/reinstalls before it finally worked so perhaps some files are corrupted? Doesn't make sense that tin-tops feel great but open-wheelers feel broken. When I had the demo a couple months ago, using my GT3 RS, everything felt just fine and the only thing that has changed since then is that I upgraded to the T300 RS.

trying this now mate and it seems fine , no different than I felt with the dfgt. Yes the tintops are heavier in feel, but I think you may be used to the RR car sfeeling all the same.. The FFB is untouchable in gsc and cars feel different.
I have ffb on high seems ok

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing