1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problem with SketchUp materials

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Jakub Sulej, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Hi I need help, because I'm using a sketch up to make objects for my projects, but when I'm exporting the track into a rFactor there is a problem called Error expoting material..., error exporting global material. Does anybody know waht is going on?

2. meybe problem is when you importing yours models in Xpack

3. Maybe, but how to eliminate a problem? The ripple stripes which I made is working without any issues, but other things are not.

4. All textures must be power of 2 128x128, 128x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 1024x256..

and convert, JPG, PNG and TGA files to DDS.

5. Yes, after I made some object in sketchup I'm exporting and changing size of textures in Photoshop and converting this changed 512x512 into a DDS file, next into a BTB Xpacker imorting a object and textures are automaticly importing too.

6. Then you have to load your dds textures into that xpack, make materials from them and replace those jpg's from Sketchup with new ones. After that you can delete sketchup's materials/textures from xpack to save place. PM me if you want to talk in Polish :)

7. Thnks, I will try to do it, will see if it is working

8. It is working fine, thanks