• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem with r factor 2 install

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Noel Spence, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    hi guys i just updated to the new build with a complete uninstall and reinstall of the game , the problem is that the game remembers all these old mods that were installed ages ago like version 1 of monte carlo and a few more tracks and car mods , and some of them actually run even though the package folder is empty , when i start up mod manager all these mods show up as damaged mods ,all written in red , and it want let me uninstall it as it states it is being used by another damaged mod which i cannot uninstall , does anyone else had this problem cheers noel

2. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,735
    Hi Noel,

I had the same problem.
    Here is what I did:
    I moved the package and userdata folder from the data folder to a new made folder which I called ..\rf2_backup (within my d:\temp folder).
    Than I uninstalled the game and deleted the rfactor2 game folder in total.
    I installed a fresh copy of build 298.
    Next I copied my userdata folder (with an emptied log folder) back into the fresh installed data folder.
    The next thing I did was move all ISI mods from the rf2_backup\package folder to the new fresh installed game.
    Used the mod manager to install firstly all original content from ISI.
    Booted the game and see if I could play.
    Next I updated the game to build 300 and started moving mods from the rf2_backup\package folder to fresh copy and started installing them. It worked like a charm. :)

Hope this helps m8. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    cheers for reply stefan , i think i pretty much did that but the only thing is i did a new reinstall of build 300 1gig download , so its got me tossed why its seeing all these old mods

4. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen

Ratings:
    +668
    Noel did you alsop deleted all the old folders that rfactor2 left when you un-installed the game? So program files/rfactor2 and the folders in My Documents section? Perhaps the old folders make the game think they are still installed, can't think of anything else what should cause that..

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Noel Spence

Noel Spence
    Premium

Ratings:
    +231
    fixed thanks for reply ian it seems i was copying my old user data folder to the new installation which i thought you were suppose to do ,but this time i did not and all is good hhella luya:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Ratings:
    +3,186
    Yes, its an update with a twitch, Best thing is to do a complete reinstall, in a different folder. No copy of user data. (at least not the whole folder :)).

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Justin Swan

Justin Swan
    RD-DVLC

Ratings:
    +966
    I've just done the 298 update followed by the 300 update. All seems to be OK but I don't have many mods installed as of yet. I keep meaning to spend more time on rF2 but there's are rubber band between me and Race 07 :D

8. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,735
    I will cut the band for you. :D

• Haha Haha x 1