Problem with pit limiter at Hockenheim - please help!

Reik Major

Premium
Hy guys!

I have a problem with Hockenheim which makes a pit stop impossible for me at the moment. :frown:

Here's the problem:
When I enter the pits, the limiter turns on automatically as allways. But leaving the pits, it doesn't turn off automatically as well, like it normaly does! Ok, sounds like a little issue, which only enforces me to turn it off manually after crossing the exit line. But if I do so, I get a stop & go for speeding in the pits!
I tried many things without succes. Turning the limiter off very late on track -> penalty. Or deleting the track and reinstalling it with presto updater -> no succes. :frown:

Does someone also have this problem? Was someone able to fix it?

I think the problem is track related, because the AI never turns off the limiter leaving the pits. So I don't think it's game related or caused by a setting into my plr-file.

It would be great, if someone who doesn't have this problem, would help me to explore, which things are different in his track installation.

Many thx in advance folks!!! :wink:

I think this is a common problem.

I know I and Valter have it as well. It seems that the track thinks the pit is ending loooong after the real pit exit. Anyways, I have been away and do not know if the guys have figured out any more about this.

If the problem is not solved we'll turn the flag rules off so that you cannot get a penalty for speeding in the pits. The drawback is of course that we will not have any blue flags either, adding extra pressure on the back markers (and the faster guys lapping the back markers).

I think this is a common problem.

Ouch, doesn't sound good! But it seems that some guys don't have this problem. If that's true, i'd like to know the difference between their files and our's. Maybe they use a slightly different track version, they didn't get from the presto updater? This track version could be similar enough to get no missmatch but different enough not to have this error?

Could be helpfull if the guys, who don't have this issue, tell us where they got the track from.

It seems that the track thinks the pit is ending loooong after the real pit exit.

Not only loooong after the pit exit but never after the exit, because the AI never turns the limiter off after leaving the pits. So it seems that somewhere in a track file the info is just missing, that tells the game where the pits end???? I think I'll ask Günthar if he can have a quick look on it. He's an expert in modding and very, very friendly.

Nico, where's the version from the updater uses?

You need to delete the following files:
\UIData\Menu\Textures\MenuArt_Loading_GPHockenheim.tga
\UIData\Menu\Textures\MenuArt_Loading_NTHockenheim.tga
\UIData\Menu\Textures\MenuArt_Loading_SHHockenheim.tga

\UIData\Menu\Videos\GPHockenheim.bik
\UIData\Menu\Videos\NTHockenheim.bik
\UIData\Menu\Videos\SHHockenheim.bik

...and this folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\"yourname"\race 07\Gamedata\Locations\GPHockenheim

When this is done you can either run the updater or download the race department one (same edition now) and it should hopefully work, at least it did for me.

thx guys! I also got it fixed by deleting the gphockenheim folder and installing the track from nogrip (similar like RD version). Just try this Bob!

thx everyone here!

Edit: Ups, didn't read you allready got it working :)

yeah, hopefully everyone gets notice about this issue before this event and reads about fíxing it here. I'm afraid we'll see drivers after the event, who complain about this problem... But hopefully i'm too negative :)

yeah, hopefully everyone gets notice about this issue before this event and reads about fíxing it here. I'm afraid we'll see drivers after the event, who complain about this problem... But hopefully i'm too negative :)

The race director will mention this in his e-mail. Reading his emails are compulsory, it is the RD's tool to make sure everybody knows the information crucial to the race.

I am hoping that everybody left in our league now reads the e-mails from the RD, and if somebody doesn't, we can find out in the chat prior to the race and they should have time to fix it. Iow, everybody should ask everybody if they have read the RD's e-mail in the chat.

The icing on the cake is that the RD will get another check to see who reads and who doesn't :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%