Problem with modified cars

P

Povo

• Povo

Hey everyone,

I'm completely new to this game... I have downloaded a few car mods (BMW E30 and Alfa Romeo) and when I play with them they are black shadowed (I can see a tiny bit of the car like badges, but most of the car is tinted black :(

I tried looking at the FAQ section on the Racer.nl website, which suggested to change by gfx.ini file, but I couldn't find the file in my Racer directory.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I have found the setting in the racer.ini file, set it to 0, and still the same problem :(

Thanks,
Povo.

Hi dude,
welcome to Racer.
At first, please give us some infos about your Racer version, OS, Graficscard...etc...
The second....is the moest cars at the net are from older versions, witch are not made with and for cg-shaders...
Your prob sounds like you use a racer version with cg-shader and the cars are with the "Old"shader system....
The easyest way to fix it, look at the lambos folder, the car.shd file, open with notepad or equal and you see how the new cg-shader should be made...

PM me, i look if i have already made a cg-shader for the cars you use...

...have more Fun!

Try using the racer_nocg.exe instead. That should display the older cars/tracks (without the newer cg shaders) like they should be displayed :)

Open the car.shd with wordpad, and on these sections, erase what's in red, works for me! ;)

shader_steering
{
layer0
{
map=steering.tga
shininess=0
specular=0 0 0
ambient=0 0 0
diffuse=0 0 0
emission=0 0 0 0
}
}

That's what makes it black?... damn.. I've been writing CG shaders for the old cars I liked xD

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%