problem with custom material

I need some help with some terrain problems, I made a couple of materials and placed them in the terrain but when i drive over them the car sinks. The terrain properties are set to driveble and I have created the materia with xpacker exactly the same as other default ground materials but it is still having the same problem. I have no ideia how to fix this

you need to look at the name conventions of the materials.

make sure they have the word, grass,Road in the materials naming.

Eg: Grass_custom.DDs Roadcustom.dds,grasscustom.dds......etc

you mean the file name or the material name?. I was thinking maybe it could be because of the xpack material tree structure. By the way I amtesting this on rfactor. Could it be that i need to specify rfactor name in the material properties?

change the material name in conjuction with the tdf file naming convention.
the material works with the tdf file. to tell rfactor if it driveable or not driveable, and is a hardcoded into the isi engine.

has long has it got the grass or road in the material name infront of material name,it will be driveable.

works great, thx again, I was leaving that setting blank, never had any problems with materials applied to walls etc so this why I never payed attention to this setting. Now I see it is essential for terrain.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 182 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 357 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 499 39.1%