• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Problem with camera groups in Simbin games

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Frédéric Ducommun, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Frédéric Ducommun

Frédéric Ducommun

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    We (Thierry 81 and me) made a release of our track, Vitus GP (rF versio : http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/btb-rfactor-tracks/39/vitus-gp-rfactor-1164/), on the 4 games, rF, GTR Evo, GTR2, and GTL. For this first final version, I made a simple cam file, no camera group. I began to make the cam file made with BTB 0.6, and finished it with BTB Pro 0.7.0.6.
    The conversion was very easy, I put the file directly in Game/GameData/Locations/Vitus/Vitus_GP. And it works, just a little activation timing difference, less than 0.5 second, between rF and Simbin games.
    To make something more fun for watching long races, and for my own pleasure, I made a new cam file, 89 cameras, 4 groups, with BTB Pro. One week later, it works on rF (http://files.filefront.com/Vitus+GPcam/;13888901;/fileinfo.html)
    To convert, I put the cam file directly in the other game. Surprise, it doesn't work. Two problems :
    - In the games, all the cameras are in much higher positions.
    - The groups, it doesn't work, each camera is activated, one by one, without group distinction.

I decided to see with BTB Evo demo. I open my track, check the cameras, everything is ok, same cameras, in the good place, with the good group activation. I exported to have the cam file. I put in my tracks, same problem, wrong camera's altitude, and no group is working.

May be I made something wrong ?
    I hope someone can help me.

2. Frédéric Ducommun

Frédéric Ducommun

Ratings:
    +0
    Come on. Nobody use the camera groups ?:woot2:

3. bigcarva

bigcarva

Ratings:
    +0
    I asked about camera group in other thread but confess Im still didn't understand
    can u explain something, please

4. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    well, I don't know for sure, but maybe it's just that rFactor supports camera groups but the SimBin games don't?

5. os-chris

os-chris

Ratings:
    +0
    yer, it would seem Simbin games don't support camera groups, a while back, i spent many hours trying to get them to work and finally just gave up (chose the best of the group) :/

6. Frédéric Ducommun

Frédéric Ducommun

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank's guys. I feel better, not alone to share this problem.
    The question is, why are camera's group display in BTB Evo ?

7. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

Ratings:
    +156
    It's not something I ever tested. Removing the option is simple enough, but I'll probably keep it there for anyone that wishes to make rFactor tracks from the same BTB Venue.