1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problem with camera groups in Simbin games

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Frédéric Ducommun, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Hello,
    We (Thierry 81 and me) made a release of our track, Vitus GP (rF versio : http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads/btb-rfactor-tracks/39/vitus-gp-rfactor-1164/), on the 4 games, rF, GTR Evo, GTR2, and GTL. For this first final version, I made a simple cam file, no camera group. I began to make the cam file made with BTB 0.6, and finished it with BTB Pro 0.7.0.6.
    The conversion was very easy, I put the file directly in Game/GameData/Locations/Vitus/Vitus_GP. And it works, just a little activation timing difference, less than 0.5 second, between rF and Simbin games.
    To make something more fun for watching long races, and for my own pleasure, I made a new cam file, 89 cameras, 4 groups, with BTB Pro. One week later, it works on rF (http://files.filefront.com/Vitus+GPcam/;13888901;/fileinfo.html)
    To convert, I put the cam file directly in the other game. Surprise, it doesn't work. Two problems :
    - In the games, all the cameras are in much higher positions.
    - The groups, it doesn't work, each camera is activated, one by one, without group distinction.

I decided to see with BTB Evo demo. I open my track, check the cameras, everything is ok, same cameras, in the good place, with the good group activation. I exported to have the cam file. I put in my tracks, same problem, wrong camera's altitude, and no group is working.

May be I made something wrong ?
    I hope someone can help me.

2. Come on. Nobody use the camera groups ?:woot2:

3. I asked about camera group in other thread but confess Im still didn't understand
    can u explain something, please

4. well, I don't know for sure, but maybe it's just that rFactor supports camera groups but the SimBin games don't?

5. yer, it would seem Simbin games don't support camera groups, a while back, i spent many hours trying to get them to work and finally just gave up (chose the best of the group) :/

6. Thank's guys. I feel better, not alone to share this problem.
    The question is, why are camera's group display in BTB Evo ?

7. Brendon Pywell

Brendon Pywell
    Bob's Track Builder

It's not something I ever tested. Removing the option is simple enough, but I'll probably keep it there for anyone that wishes to make rFactor tracks from the same BTB Venue.