F1 2016 Problem w/ controller xbox in PC

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I can not play with the xbox controller on my PC.:(
The car is without direction, I searched the net and saw that more people have the same problem, according this links:

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Tks !!!! and sorry for my bad English ;)

Thank you for posting this video and it relates to the issue I am here for as well. My Thrustmaster 458 Italia wheel is detected as an XBox controller too and behaves in a similar fashion. It's practically unusable and I have had no luck finding any combination of settings that improves the situation. The wheel appears to be fine in calibration, just not in game.

The thing is before 1.3.0 or I think 1.4.0 handling on controller was better, after that something changed... But you're not alone on that. It's quite unresponsive on controller; movement feels sluggish. But, as Codemasters said (if I recall correctly), it was made like that to simulate the handling realistically, like a wheel (so it actually takes times to turn), although I think this is actually not the best solution. Game is good, but only if you race on a wheel.
Also, yeah, input lag does exist. Sadly even Codemasters are not sure why is that.

I like using my Steam Controller on this game much more than my 360 Controller . Its much more responsive . Yeah , it does have a weird layout if youre used to 360 Contollers or PS4 Controllers or whatever , but the triggers are more responsive and respond to different levels of pressure compared to the 360 where you pretty much have to depress the buttons fully to respond . On a lot of games that might not be an issue ( stuff like Skyrim , Fallout etc ) but on a game where you have to take tight turns at fast speeds like this then it can make a load of difference per lap . No joking , Id say I can go round anywhere between 2 to 3 seconds per lap faster with the Steam Controller than the 360 one , even 4 at a push . Yeah , I do have all the help turned on because without it on ANY controller my car would be all over the place , but using each controller on the SAME settings I can certainly get round noticably quicker with the Steam one .

So is the game playable with an XBox One controller? I have an XBox One Elite controller and want a casual racing sim I can play duting work lunch breaks without a wheel (at home I play R3E and AMS with a T300)

BTW is there support for the "Impulse Triggers" in the XBox One controller on PC for F1 2016 (i.e. the additional motors in the trigger buttons)? I've only see support for that in the Forza games on PC, no other race sims yet

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back