1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem: RACE 07 replays and time-attack files in Vista

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jens Piskorsch, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Hi, i've got a serious problem, maybe someone can help me:

I've installed Vista home premium edition64bit and for some reason Race07 doesn't save any replays or timeattacs. Had no probs with WinXP and my old replays are in the replay folder but aren't shown in the replay menu in game. Installpath is on d:\steam\steamapps\mySteamaccount\race 07.

So what's wrong with Vista?

2. Maybe it is not Vista, strangely if i set Anti Alaising more then 4* i have also replay probs, what is your setting? Also you have to set it in Windows not in the game video menu, there leave everything on default.

3. AA is deactivated both in Race07 config and in ATI Control panel it's set to 'application managed' - the default off. (single Radeon HD2900XT btw.)

The curiosity is that setups are stored normaly - only replays and TA-files aren't recognised :confused:

4. Have a look in Documents\RACE 07.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

In what?

6. Sorry, no such folder here.

7. Tried making a replay folder? checked if you .plr file has a way of setting the directory?

My replays are saved on vista, however i didn't reinstall steam when i installed vista. See if it is in a place similar to the one below.

x:\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\your name\race 07\REPLAYDATA

8. I've found a Race07-folder in my personal Jens\documents folder, deletetd it and when i started Race07, it's been fully restored :eek:

But in the Replay-Menu ingame the replays now appear. Weird thing with vista.

Thx for Help so far.

9. That folder you found, do a race and then see if it has saved the replay in there, as it should do :)

10. I had the same thing. No replays and HL data was being saved. It turned out that the paths in the config.ini file were wrong. They were reading like this

REPLAYDIR=C:\USERS\NILIS\DOCUMENTS\RACE07\REPLAYDATA\C:\USERS\UserName\DOCUMENTS\RACE07\REPLAYDATA\

Instead of

REPLAYDIR=C:\USERS\NILIS\DOCUMENTS\RACE07\REPLAYDATA\

As you can see the paths were double

11. Ahh, now Timeattacks are saved too, thx :)