• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.
RDVLN Test (LIVE)
Click the cross to dismiss this video
Join the conversation by clicking here. Are you ready to race against 100 simracers? Let us know in the chatbox.

Problem playing with steering wheel

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by nahuelisimo, Oct 5, 2017.

1. nahuelisimo

nahuelisimo

Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a steering wheel to play DIRT 3, i also has foot pedals and a gear shift with hand brake, but it has a problem, for some reason the hand brake and the brake pedal act as the same button, it doesnt make sense, its not fault of the game of course, but can someone help me to solve this? i want to remap all the controls, also the pedals don't act as they should, i mean, i should be able to accelerate slowly, but they act as buttons, there's full acceleration and none at all, nothing in between

2. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +36
    What wheel is it exactly? I'm making a guess that it's secondhand.

3. nahuelisimo

nahuelisimo

Ratings:
    +0
    its a chinese one, it says TURBO SPEED RACING WHEEL as the name even for chinese standards its ridiculous, the hand brake and the pedal brake acting as the same button, i opened the pedals because i wanted to know if they where actually buttons, but to my surprise there where what i think are some kind of potenciometer, so the pedals should be able to work as supposed

4. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +36
    Well I'm not surprised, that's a very cheap wheel new.

5. nahuelisimo

nahuelisimo

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i know, i dont have that much money that's what i could afford, do you have any idea how could i solve this?

6. RasmusP

RasmusP
    AC Stuff and G27 help Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +784
    Not really sadly :/ do you have the newest driver, if there is one? What does the gamecontroller settings show in the windows config? Is the pedal a button or a slider?

What does the handbrake do in that window?

That's the first to adress! Then you can see how to configure the games :)

7. Jeremy Ford

Jeremy Ford

Ratings:
    +36
    No, you're limited by the controller itself. You'll need invest in a better featured wheel. A secondhand T150 or G27 will be a huge step up from what you're currently using.

8. nahuelisimo

nahuelisimo

Ratings:
    +0
    i do have the drivers, theres not much in the settings, it just shows what buttons are being pressed, the brake pedal and the hand brake both activate the button 4 (the square in PS and the X in Xbox) and i can set up the wheel to act as the mouse, the pedal is a slider, and i opened it up to see if the pedal activated a button, but no, it seems to be a potenciometer or something like that

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017