• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem in New Win 7 Laptop.

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by douglas96, Aug 19, 2010.

1. douglas96

douglas96

Ratings:
    +0
    Loaded.PNG Errors.PNG Racer Full.jpg Error.jpg View attachment QLOG_LAST.txt Hi,
    I have downloaded the latest beta for racer (0.8.17) and will load up so that I can see the car and control it but the textures are very low quality, in both racer.exe and racer_nocg.exe. I have tried in the options to put them up but. There is images of all the errors I get in the attatchment.

My system specifications are: Fujitsu Amilo Li3910
    HD:500GB
    RAM:4GB
    Intel Pentium Dual Core processor 2.0GHZ
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks For any help.

2. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +163
    Looks like a graphics card problem or a car that could be giving the problem, what is your graphics card?

Welcome to the Racer community!

3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Those aren't really big issues. Pretty much just warnings that we all see. The 4th picture is just Racer's console.

The 3rd picture is a TOD issue that happens with non-cg tracks. Press shift+@ to open the console, then type time 2300. That should work quite nicely.

4. QuadCoreMax

QuadCoreMax

Ratings:
    +71
    If you go through your racer.ini file in the root Racer directory, you should be able to find a good balance between good FPS & nice graphic settings.

Be aware though, since Racer is in constant movement, most of the created contents are based on different settings, the older ones seems to be more no_cg oriented, but nowadays CG is the way to have comparable graphics to the best sim games.

5. douglas96

douglas96

Ratings:
    +0
    Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

6. AMGfan(BPM)

AMGfan(BPM)

Ratings:
    +30
    I am afraid that your graphic card isn't enough to play racer in cg. Maybe no-cg, anyone who knows it can say more.

7. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    Your graphics card..etc.. is fine. Although I would advise that you upgrade as your card is probably an onboard. Go buy an nVidia or ATI (although I personally advise nVidia) graphics card :)

8. douglas96

douglas96

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I'll see how much an nVidia one is.

9. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ratings:
    +196
    If you need any help choosing, don't be afraid to ask :)

10. boomer541

boomer541

Ratings:
    +163
    An nVidia 9800GT will work very nice and costs under $100 in USA.