1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Problem in New Win 7 Laptop.

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by douglas96, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Loaded.PNG Errors.PNG Racer Full.jpg Error.jpg View attachment QLOG_LAST.txt Hi,
    I have downloaded the latest beta for racer (0.8.17) and will load up so that I can see the car and control it but the textures are very low quality, in both racer.exe and racer_nocg.exe. I have tried in the options to put them up but. There is images of all the errors I get in the attatchment.

My system specifications are: Fujitsu Amilo Li3910
    HD:500GB
    RAM:4GB
    Intel Pentium Dual Core processor 2.0GHZ
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks For any help.

2. Looks like a graphics card problem or a car that could be giving the problem, what is your graphics card?

Welcome to the Racer community!

3. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Those aren't really big issues. Pretty much just warnings that we all see. The 4th picture is just Racer's console.

The 3rd picture is a TOD issue that happens with non-cg tracks. Press shift+@ to open the console, then type time 2300. That should work quite nicely.

4. If you go through your racer.ini file in the root Racer directory, you should be able to find a good balance between good FPS & nice graphic settings.

Be aware though, since Racer is in constant movement, most of the created contents are based on different settings, the older ones seems to be more no_cg oriented, but nowadays CG is the way to have comparable graphics to the best sim games.

5. Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
    Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

6. I am afraid that your graphic card isn't enough to play racer in cg. Maybe no-cg, anyone who knows it can say more.

7. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Your graphics card..etc.. is fine. Although I would advise that you upgrade as your card is probably an onboard. Go buy an nVidia or ATI (although I personally advise nVidia) graphics card :)

8. Thanks. I'll see how much an nVidia one is.

9. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

If you need any help choosing, don't be afraid to ask :)

10. An nVidia 9800GT will work very nice and costs under $100 in USA.