Problem in New Win 7 Laptop.

D

douglas96

• douglas96

Loaded.PNGErrors.PNGRacer Full.jpgError.jpgView attachment QLOG_LAST.txt Hi,
I have downloaded the latest beta for racer (0.8.17) and will load up so that I can see the car and control it but the textures are very low quality, in both racer.exe and racer_nocg.exe. I have tried in the options to put them up but. There is images of all the errors I get in the attatchment.

My system specifications are: Fujitsu Amilo Li3910
HD:500GB
RAM:4GB
Intel Pentium Dual Core processor 2.0GHZ
Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks For any help.

Those aren't really big issues. Pretty much just warnings that we all see. The 4th picture is just Racer's console.

The 3rd picture is a TOD issue that happens with non-cg tracks. Press shift+@ to open the console, then type time 2300. That should work quite nicely.

If you go through your racer.ini file in the root Racer directory, you should be able to find a good balance between good FPS & nice graphic settings.

Be aware though, since Racer is in constant movement, most of the created contents are based on different settings, the older ones seems to be more no_cg oriented, but nowadays CG is the way to have comparable graphics to the best sim games.

• douglas96

Card name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family.

Your graphics card..etc.. is fine. Although I would advise that you upgrade as your card is probably an onboard. Go buy an nVidia or ATI (although I personally advise nVidia) graphics card :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%