PROBLEM Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ v1.5 Stand-alone

Bought off amazon and was delivered yesterday.
all sorts of problems with it.

First thought i got it all working opened up asetto corsa and set off trying all the gears,but hang on cannot find 4th and 6th strange.
So quit assetto and went into game controller settings to see what was going on.
To my supprise the picture of the gear stick had gone and it left me showing only 10 red dot icons instead of the fanatec gear box picture to calibrate it with.
So engaged 6th gear and both the 6th gear indicator lit as well as the 4th gear icon.
No sign of 7th gear ether that had gone too.
By the way i was selling my th8a shifter on this site to fund 100 quid of the 309 quid price amazon asks for it.
The upgrade I thought I was saving for was not anything i expected.
sticking with the th8a and getting refund off amazon so only time and not money wasted.

Here is another review which i ignored but should not have*!!
Sounds similar to what i experienced.

1 out of 5 starsTHREE BAD FANATEC SHIFTERS IN A ROW -- ALL HAD SERIOUS GEAR SELECTION AND CALIBRATION ISSUES - NOT USABLE !
ByAndrewon 2 December 2017 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
THREE WERE BAD IN A ROW. GAVE UP ON THIS FANATEC SHIFTER FOR NOW.

Although my other sequential and H-pattern shifters work fine, the Fanatac SQ 1.5's all had problems-- THREE IN A ROW, BACK TO BACK. The first one worked for about 20 minutes, then 6th gear failed. I read possible solutions online, but ripping the unit apart would void the warranty,

Bought off amazon and was delivered yesterday.
all sorts of problems with it.

First thought i got it all working opened up asetto corsa and set off trying all the gears,but hang on cannot find 4th and 6th strange.
So quit assetto and went into game controller settings to see what was going on.
To my supprise the picture of the gear stick had gone and it left me showing only 10 red dot icons instead of the fanatec gear box picture to calibrate it with.
So engaged 6th gear and both the 6th gear indicator lit as well as the 4th gear icon.
No sign of 7th gear ether that had gone too.
By the way i was selling my th8a shifter on this site to fund 100 quid of the 309 quid price amazon asks for it.
The upgrade I thought I was saving for was not anything i expected.
sticking with the th8a and getting refund off amazon so only time and not money wasted.

Here is another review which i ignored but should not have*!!
Sounds similar to what i experienced.

1 out of 5 starsTHREE BAD FANATEC SHIFTERS IN A ROW -- ALL HAD SERIOUS GEAR SELECTION AND CALIBRATION ISSUES - NOT USABLE !
ByAndrewon 2 December 2017 - Published on Amazon.com
Verified Purchase
THREE WERE BAD IN A ROW. GAVE UP ON THIS FANATEC SHIFTER FOR NOW.

Although my other sequential and H-pattern shifters work fine, the Fanatac SQ 1.5's all had problems-- THREE IN A ROW, BACK TO BACK. The first one worked for about 20 minutes, then 6th gear failed. I read possible solutions online, but ripping the unit apart would void the warranty,
did you calibrate like this?

Upvote 0
No fanatec wheel OSW so the video is not apparent
Calibration is the same without a wheel, I've just calibrated mine fine through the USB having previously been coonected to a Fanatec wheel.

The process is a little funky, I'd suggest deleting the Fanatec drivers first if you've downloaded them at all?

Now with the USB adapter and shifter plugged in install the Fanatec drivers (https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_Driver_32bit_v261.zip) and launch this will then take you to the process I will outline:

1. Select shifter mode for the USB adapter (if it's not already in this mode it will have to update and then restart)

2. You will now be on the Fanatec driver page showing a shifter, this is the uncalibrated state.

3. Make sure you are in h-pattern mode (it will show this in the software too) and select the calibrate option.

4. It starts by asking you to put it in neutral first and then select next.

5. Select reverse first (make sure to push down on the gear stick to engage it and not select 1st gear, the same process also applies for 7th gear), it should work straight away but before pressing next return to neutral otherwise it will think you selected the same button for 1st gear.

6. Repeat the process for the remaining gears, your shifter shoukdnowbe calibrated and work perfectly.

The issues you mention are somebody who hasn't calibrated the shifter properly and whoever that guy giving it a bad review clearly didn't even try to get it working properly and just assumed they were all broken because it's not plug and play like his other shifters.

Upvote 0
Calibration is the same without a wheel, I've just calibrated mine fine through the USB having previously been coonected to a Fanatec wheel.

The process is a little funky, I'd suggest deleting the Fanatec drivers first if you've downloaded them at all?

Now with the USB adapter and shifter plugged in install the Fanatec drivers (https://www.fanatec.com/download/Fanatec_Driver_32bit_v261.zip) and launch this will then take you to the process I will outline:

1. Select shifter mode for the USB adapter (if it's not already in this mode it will have to update and then restart)

2. You will now be on the Fanatec driver page showing a shifter, this is the uncalibrated state.

3. Make sure you are in h-pattern mode (it will show this in the software too) and select the calibrate option.

4. It starts by asking you to put it in neutral first and then select next.

5. Select reverse first (make sure to push down on the gear stick to engage it and not select 1st gear, the same process also applies for 7th gear), it should work straight away but before pressing next return to neutral otherwise it will think you selected the same button for 1st gear.

6. Repeat the process for the remaining gears, your shifter shoukdnowbe calibrated and work perfectly.

The issues you mention are somebody who hasn't calibrated the shifter properly and whoever that guy giving it a bad review clearly didn't even try to get it working properly and just assumed they were all broken because it's not plug and play like his other shifters.
exactly what i did calibrated then fired up assetto assigned etc played got 100 yard or so an the 4th gear did not work anymore niether did 6th anymore.
So quit assetto and went back to the calibration page and it was screwed up 4th and 6th showing to be engaging the same time anyway its getting posted back today for a refund

Upvote 0
exactly what i did calibrated then fired up assetto assigned etc played got 100 yard or so an the 4th gear did not work anymore niether did 6th anymore.
So quit assetto and went back to the calibration page and it was screwed up 4th and 6th showing to be engaging the same time anyway its getting posted back today for a refund
Did you have it connected to USB 3? Fanatec gear I've tried always gets funny on USB 3.0? Either that or just a weird software issue as it doesn't like being done in the wrong order or if I change USB slots on my pedals for example I have to delete and reinstall the drivers again!

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back