1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem editing my previous posts

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Pavel Dimitrov, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I have a problem with editing my previous posts which is actually kind of troublesome for me cause it prevents me from updating the information for my Monday League right here -> http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/monday-league.51790/ I have no idea what has caused this problem but any help for fixing the issue will be highly appretiated,thanks in advance.

2. What is the problem? :)

3. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Might be good to explain what the problem is. :confused:
    I've been having strange problems editing my "longish" Racing Club Event announcements, so I'd be interested to see if it is similar.

EDIT: Oops!! Speedy Senad and I have done it again. :p

4. The problem is that i don't get the edit button .which should be right next to the report button usually ,when i scroll over my posts - i only get the report button (edit button is missing) and thus i can't edit the main post on my League page :[

5. Hmmm, Now i found out that i get the edit button right after i make a post,but after a few minutes it disappears and i can't edit anything

6. [​IMG]

7. [​IMG]

8. You can take a look at the images i posted - you can see an old post in the first picture and I only have REPORT and REPLY buttons on it. The second picture is from a post I made a moment ago and you can see that i have the EDIT button on it. The problem is that after a few minutes edit option disappears - it was not that way before and i was able to edit my older posts whenever I wanted to.Now it seems like I have sum kind of time limit to edit the post and after sum time edit optio is desabled

• Like Like x 1
  9. [​IMG]

10. I get this error so obviously I have 5 minutes time limit to edit a post after making it. Can i get around this because it was not that way before, I've been facing this problem only recently

11. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Thats a different problem to mine, so my work around won't help. Sorry.

12. Yeah, they probably changed that recently. Hope one of the admins sees and replies.

13. Yeah,I really hope so because it's really inconvenient - I try to keep things on my League forum page as simple as possible in order to make it easier for other members to orientate.Now I'll have to bring every update on the info as a new post and it will make things a little messy :[ So I hope the guys from the staff will reconsider this 5 minute edit limit .

14. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hmm choices choices choices :) There are troublemakers on this forum that abused the unlimited edit time hence we reverted it to the default setting.

Will have a look to change it

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bram

Bram

Try again please

16. Still not working

17. Bram

Bram

and now?

18. Everything is ok now,big thanks for the fast reaction :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bram

Bram

Okido, cool. Thanks for reporting back.

• Like Like x 1