Pro R8 Silverstone: Checks

Basically Dmitry it's just simple physics. Q lap braking point is about after the corner marker on the right. Race braking points are pretty much on the marker but it depends on fuel loads and tyres. And I'm talking about being on the outside to aproach the corner. Your car on the other hand is on the inside, your picture shows full throttle way after the normal braking point is so the chance you to make the corner properly is completely zero. If it wasn't the car you hit you definitelly should have been in the gravel.

Well said. Where were you planning to brake exactly, Dmitry? You can clearly see Falcon braking at the sane place as described above - the marker board:

What I see he moved towards my car in the braking zone which is illegal and that is what caused accident. I does not matter where I was going to brake (by the way i'm quite good under braking) as long as there is clear road, Falcon changed his direction TWICE (you not allowed to do that at all when defending), second time he did that just before braking which is plain dangerous move. I saw that enough in the past (like Gergis defended in Australia), obviously accident was waiting to happen as long as people continue to do those cheeky moves and direction closes eye on that.

Last edited:
What I see he moved towards my car in the braking zone which is illegal and that is what caused accident. I does not matter where I was going to brake (by the way i'm quite good under braking) as long as there is clear road, Falcon changed his direction TWICE (you not allowed to do that at all when defending), second time he did that just before braking which is plain dangerous move. I saw that enough in the past (like Gergis defended in Australia), obviously accident was waiting to happen as long as people continue to do those cheeky moves and direction closes eye on that.

As Georg stated above, someone got a penalty for a similar thing last year, but the difference was that this person broke way too early. Falcon braked at the usual spot here.

The cause of the accident, while he did move over a bit, is 95% due to the fact that you braked way later than you needed to, considering your line, to make the corner anyway. If you were alone and just went off the track without touching anybody, no-one would care, but since you crashed into someone, it was looked at.

Not trying to be rude, just looking at the facts objectively.

Not trying to be rude, just looking at the facts objectively.
Looking at the facts objectively, I did nothing illegal, while he did. I don't know it was his usual spot or not, who cares. Everytone can have different spots to brake. Important thing is fraction before that he moved good half of a meter towards me to block. There is rule to prohibit moving in braking zone which was made for safety reasons. That is why penalty is absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited:
Jump starting, reversing on the grid and then not using LC once the lights do go out. The fact is he didn't use LC and so that is the punishment.

To be fair he did the most sane thing. Imagine the chaos if he took his time to re-do the LC procedure. OK in this case there wasn't many cars behind him, but what if he started from pole? Would it still be preferred that he re-does the LC, risking a lot of cars behind him as well?

This was the most sane thing to do really. He used the LC on his initial getaway anyway. Surely this is enough.

Looking at the facts objectively, I did nothing illegal, while he did. I don't know it was his usual spot or not, who cares. Important thing is fraction before that he moved good half of a meter towards me to block. There is rule to prohibit moving in braking zone which was made for safety reasons. That is why penalty is absolutely ridiculous.

You broke way too late, whilst passing a car. This is all that needs to be said here.

Yeah, nice improvement after ramming half of the field in formation lap.

Lol. I hit one guy. And his car was black, in the shade of Sepang's grandstand, if you remember clearly. I honestly didn't see him.

Unlike you, I admitted it, explained it to Carlos and the driver and apologised.And at Indy I gave Ivanov a bump which pushed him back a few positions. I even reported myself so **** did I feel - no consequence because he didn't report it himself, but I was prepared to take responsibility.

Seems like you have a lot you can learn from me.

Besides, what you did at Hockenheim last year was probably the silliest thing I've ever seen on any sim in history - a case where again you never took responsibility.

So don't you come point fingers at people you can do no better than, not nearly.

Lol. I hit one guy. And his car was black, in the shade of Sepang's grandstand, if you remember clearly. I honestly didn't see him.

Unlike you, I admitted it, explained it to Carlos and the driver and apologised.And at Indy I gave Ivanov a bump which pushed him back a few positions. I even reported myself so **** did I feel - no consequence because he didn't report it himself, but I was prepared to take responsibility.

Seems like you have a lot you can learn from me.

Besides, what you did at Hockenheim last year was probably the silliest thing I've ever seen on any sim in history - a case where again you never took responsibility.

So don't you come point fingers at people you can do no better than, not nearly.
Who said i'm pointing fingers? Just underlining your improvement, you so proud of yourself that you now ready to judge others, nice to see. And speaking of doing better, you don't want to shoot until it's war. Enjoy yourself.

@Dmitry Zaharov I will try to explain it better as you why I came to the decision I have done.

Coming upto a left handed corner, Adrian's car was in the middle of the track and Dmitry right behind him. Adrian turned slightly left towards the corner and started braking before the white marker. Dmitry's car was behind and also pulled slightly left but did not brake until contact was made some 50m after the white marker. Even if Adrian had not pulled to the left slightly, Dmitry's right front was still in line to hit Adrians left rear.

So even if Adrian has turned into the corner 10m or even 20m later contact was still inevitable due to the position and speed of Dmitrys car. It wasnt a divebomb, it was more like a suicide mission.

I would also ask to take note of the situation of the race, Adrian had just come out on fresh tyres and in the running for a podium. If you had more racecraft you would have just let him go as you were not fighting him for position really.

@Dmitry Zaharov I will try to explain it better as you why I came to the decision I have done.

Coming upto a left handed corner, Adrian's car was in the middle of the track and Dmitry right behind him. Adrian turned slightly left towards the corner and started braking before the white marker. Dmitry's car was behind and also pulled slightly left but did not brake until contact was made some 50m after the white marker. Even if Adrian had not pulled to the left slightly, Dmitry's right front was still in line to hit Adrians left rear.
I'd like to disagree on that. He was initally going to the left, when some 100 meters before marker he decided to go to the right. I this point I decided to keep going to the left, to make space for a move. Then shortly after I pulled out of his slipstream he changed his mind and begin again moving to the inside. Just before his move my right front tyre was clear of his car. It was his move to the left that caused to put himself in line with my right front tyre.

And speaking of strategy, at this point I did my only stop too, so that was for position. I had every right to fight with him.

Who said i'm pointing fingers? Just underlining your improvement, you so proud of yourself that you now ready to judge others, nice to see. And speaking of doing better, you don't want to shoot until it's war. Enjoy yourself.

Wut? I can't anymore, I just can't.

No use trying to point out stuff to you. Enjoy diminishing your SR all the way to 0.00.:thumbsup:

Looking at the facts objectively, I did nothing illegal, while he did. I don't know it was his usual spot or not, who cares. Everytone can have different spots to brake. Important thing is fraction before that he moved good half of a meter towards me to block. There is rule to prohibit moving in braking zone which was made for safety reasons. That is why penalty is absolutely ridiculous.

You ran flat out into the back of my car and you say you did nothing illegal. Fair enough.

Oh this fight brings so many memories in my mind... It was summer, it was 2012, it was F1 2011, it was Dmirty cutting every corner in Canada and the same Dmitry arguing with everybody and the same Dmitry got banned for a month from RD. Hey history does repeat itself!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 330 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%