Pro R8 Silverstone, Briefing

Welcome to the Eighth Round of the 2015 Formula SimRacing Season Pro Series.
The password to join the server will be visible when you log in to GPCOS in the Control Center next to the server's IP address.

British GP, Silverstone
Length:
5.891 km (3.661 mi)
Turns: 18
Race Laps: 32
Est Fuel Usage per lap: 3.80L
Est Race Fuel: 125L
Est pit stop: 17 seconds
Tyre Compounds: Medium & Hard

Before proceeding to the event, pay attention to the following:
  • Read the updated rules package for 2015 here.
  • Check Cutting/Extending Exceptions here.
  • rFMod Download ()
  • Race protests click here

Allocations:
The following drivers do NOT have to Pre-Q
1. Jeroen Kweekel
NED.gif
330 0
3. Michele D Alessandro
ITA.gif
140 0
4. Christof Schgör
ITA.gif
128 0
5. Jacques Wengler
GER.gif
118 0
7. Christian Befumo
ITA.gif
78 0
8. David Cook
CAN.gif
71 0
9. Dewald Nel
SAF.gif
70 0
10. Giordano Valeriano
ITA.gif
68 0
The following drivers must participate in Pre-Q. The top 18/23 drivers will proceed to the race.

Penalties:
Back of Grid
17th Jacques Wengler
18th Andrea Ventura
19th Mihajlo Vicentijevicu
20th Andrea Cannatà
21st Yoichi
22nd Ben Eastman
23rd Giacomo Ranzini - late allocation
24th Dominic Foster - late allocation
25th Georg Winter - late allocation

Pit Lane
Pascal Chapon

Schedule for Sunday 12th July

12:55 GMT, Server Opens for PQ
13:02 GMT, Pre-Qualifying
13:18 GMT, Practice
13:30 GMT, Qualifying 1
13:45 GMT, Qualifying 2
13:50 GMT, Warmup
14:00 GMT, Race Start

The Free Practice session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 1" session. Every participating driver should join as soon as possible after the server opens to make sure that they don't miss the start of Qualifying and also to make sure that their game is configured & working properly.

The Qualifying 1 session will be 10 minutes in length and will be run in the "Practice 2" session. Drivers can use what ever setup they want, as long as they only drive with qualifying fuel loads.

The Qualifying 2 session will be 5 minutes in length. Only the top 10 drivers from Qualifying 1 will be allowed to go out on track. Drivers will be allowed to do one flying lap (one outlap, hotlap and inlap). The drivers will all be on track at the same time eg not private. Parc Ferme will be enforced. You will only be allowed to change your fuel load, engine boost, engine brakemap, front wing angle, steering lock, brake balance and brake pressure after the session is over, so make sure you have your race setup loaded when entering Qualifying 2. The session will be closed, meaning if you happen to join late, or for some reason drop out of the server during the session, you will not be able to rejoin the server until the server has moved to Warmup.

The Warmup session will be 10 minutes in length. While in the garage, make sure you add the appropriate amount of fuel in to your car since refuelling is not allowed during the race. You can drive freely in the Warmup session to try to get a feel for the heavier car after qualifying on low fuel.

The Race will be 32 laps long. Drive carefully during the race, especially at the start and first lap in general.

Red Flags will NOT be used unless in very specific situations which are specified in the rule documents.

Last edited:
Mike are the penalized people allowed to run the qualification? I think in hockenheim someone did this, the qualification would be quite "empty" for the stream etc...

bEf8FX1.jpg

Seriously two races running?
(From left to right)
Screenshot 1: I input the correct password (yes I've triple checked this and I had no problem in the early races)
Screenshot 2: Once I click accept the box goes blank (loading)
Screenshot 3: Server connection failed

EH?!?!?!?

No issues in practice for Hockenheim or Silverstone but as soon as I get to pre q nothing works.

Tried with and without FSR manager, even before server switched to official pre q session (in case join mid-session is prevented).

Help please? :(

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 118 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%