• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Pro R7 Germany: Checks

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Mike Partington, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    Mostly upset because that lap was 1.4 s off what I'm capable of and I STILL managed to get myself penalized. If I had known that was a cut I would have just moved 2 grid places back and I wouldn't have taken a hit at the race start either. We live we learn I guess

2. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    I think it's either from PQ results or championship points if I'm not mistaken

3. Kerni094

Kerni094

Ratings:
    +10
    I just watched the replay and recorded the "cut" frome me:

TBH I'm not 100% sure about this. I mean after a curb usually comes either astro or gras but I'm clearly not hitting that with the right side of the car. How should we drivers be supposed to know that the white stuff is no curb, I mean it is clearly no astro so what is it?

This should either have been mentioned in briefing or not be penalized.... I don't want to start a bit arguement here but just pointing out my point of view on this :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ben Eastman

Ben Eastman

Ratings:
    +39
    I'm right there with you, no where in the rules is there any mention of it. Also nothing in briefing obviously. Just an example of why "2 wheels on kerbing" is a bad rule...if it was "2 wheels over white line", not only would laps be more realistic, but I think less people would be penaliZed for cuts, which is ultimately better for everybody.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    Well that's a cut, unfortunately. Maybe the perception of what a kerb is, is incorrect. But the actual kerb object is clear. It's the part where the paint colors alternate is kerb, anything else isn't.

• Beer Beer x 1
  6. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    All league race briefings include a link to the rules. I suggest taking a look and reading up on them if you have not done so already.

16. Track Definition and Racing Lines
    The curbs end after the alternating blue/white strips and the white grates are not considering part of the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ChazmR

ChazmR

Ratings:
    +10
    The white part is a drain, the track is defined as the inside white line or the kerb. That drain isnt the kerb or the white line therfore its a cut. Its pretty easy to understand for me personally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris de Jong

Chris de Jong

Ratings:
    +216
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  9. Andrew Pienaar

Andrew Pienaar

Ratings:
    +1,354
    i did a bit of investigation on google because GOOGLE is your friend and that is quite a grey area in the rules of actual Formula 1 .... HOWEVER that dark green part on the left side of the kerb can be classed as a run off area (by stewards decision) BUT when you veer off the track the first wheel to touch would need to start off on the runoff area SEE EXHIBIT A and not before AND when exiting the runoff area the last Tyre should not exceed the track off area.EXHIBIT B shows correct exit but EXHIBIT A shows incorrect entry which is classified as a cut because if you line up the front left and the back left they are past the track limit before entering the run off area

EXHIBIT A
    [​IMG]

EXHIBIT B

[​IMG]

10. Georg Winter

Georg Winter

Ratings:
    +146
    We dont use F1 rules Andrew ;)

11. Andrew Pienaar

Andrew Pienaar

Ratings:
    +1,354
    Just saying :geek:

12. Kerni094

Kerni094

Ratings:
    +10
    Yeah its fine I have to live with it...

Mike, can you tell us who gets penalty first? Championship standings?

13. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
  14. michele d'alessandro

michele d'alessandro

Ratings:
    +35
    Yes it is. I see people saying white grid is kerb..

15. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    Oh lol. I will follow your orders and STFU, my good sir. :D

16. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    Yes Championship standings, so at best your going to be 18th.

17. Mike Partington

Mike Partington

Ratings:
    +488
    Added penalty to @Christof Schgör for bad language in chat during race. All results are now final.

• Haha Haha x 1
  18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,491
    So, what now? If we get a penalty from now on, we just ask for it to be removed, and it gets granted?

EDIT: Never mind, I understand now. No idea why someone would do that, but it was his choice.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015