Pro R7 Germany: Checks

To be fair I think it was in WC/Ace threads, but I know you view those too. ;) But anyway, at least you didn't lose a race win or something. Then you'd really be upset.

Mostly upset because that lap was 1.4 s off what I'm capable of and I STILL managed to get myself penalized. If I had known that was a cut I would have just moved 2 grid places back and I wouldn't have taken a hit at the race start either. We live we learn I guess

Ok didnt know that, however for me that decision is fine...at the end it is the same for everyone. What I wonder about though is who gets the back to grid first? I counted 9 penaltys so who gets it first and will be up front at the end? :D

I think it's either from PQ results or championship points if I'm not mistaken

I just watched the replay and recorded the "cut" frome me:

TBH I'm not 100% sure about this. I mean after a curb usually comes either astro or gras but I'm clearly not hitting that with the right side of the car. How should we drivers be supposed to know that the white stuff is no curb, I mean it is clearly no astro so what is it?

This should either have been mentioned in briefing or not be penalized.... I don't want to start a bit arguement here but just pointing out my point of view on this :)

TBH I'm not 100% sure about this. I mean after a curb usually comes either astro or gras but I'm clearly not hitting that with the right side of the car. How should we drivers be supposed to know that the white stuff is no curb, I mean it is clearly no astro so what is it?

This should either have been mentioned in briefing or not be penalized.... I don't want to start a bit arguement here but just pointing out my point of view on this :)

I'm right there with you, no where in the rules is there any mention of it. Also nothing in briefing obviously. Just an example of why "2 wheels on kerbing" is a bad rule...if it was "2 wheels over white line", not only would laps be more realistic, but I think less people would be penaliZed for cuts, which is ultimately better for everybody.

Well that's a cut, unfortunately. Maybe the perception of what a kerb is, is incorrect. But the actual kerb object is clear. It's the part where the paint colors alternate is kerb, anything else isn't.

All league race briefings include a link to the rules. I suggest taking a look and reading up on them if you have not done so already.

16. Track Definition and Racing Lines
16.1 The race "track" is considered the main asphalt surface generally bounded by white lines, grass, walls or curbing. Curbs are usually painted in blue/white, green/white or red/white colors. Curbs are considered part of the track. The green, white or grey solid/grasscrete surfaces on the inside of the curbs are NOT to be considered as part of the curbs. It is pretty clear and self explanatory using common sense at most tracks, but if you do have any doubts then don't hesitate to clear it up with questions to the Race Director.

The curbs end after the alternating blue/white strips and the white grates are not considering part of the track.

The white part is a drain, the track is defined as the inside white line or the kerb. That drain isnt the kerb or the white line therfore its a cut. Its pretty easy to understand for me personally.

Mike could you give a BOG to D'Alessandro without a reason?
Thanks a lot.
56414612_c8c7faa74c33a007f297b1f160e6d6a9_800.gif

i did a bit of investigation on google because GOOGLE is your friend and that is quite a grey area in the rules of actual Formula 1 .... HOWEVER that dark green part on the left side of the kerb can be classed as a run off area (by stewards decision) BUT when you veer off the track the first wheel to touch would need to start off on the runoff area SEE EXHIBIT A and not before AND when exiting the runoff area the last Tyre should not exceed the track off area.EXHIBIT B shows correct exit but EXHIBIT A shows incorrect entry which is classified as a cut because if you line up the front left and the back left they are past the track limit before entering the run off area

EXHIBIT A
qbq1576.jpg

EXHIBIT B

gubCDH8.jpg

Description: Giordano Valeriano was given a drive through penalty at the end of lap 1 (carried over from the previous round). He does not serve a drive through. Instead he makes a pitstop for fresh super softs.
Verdict: I allowed him to take such action as he asked before the race. No pen.

So, what now? If we get a penalty from now on, we just ask for it to be removed, and it gets granted?

EDIT: Never mind, I understand now. No idea why someone would do that, but it was his choice.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 401 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 271 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 259 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 187 7.7%
  • < 5 years