GT6 [PRL] FIA GT3 Series Testing

PRL GT3 Pre-Season Testing

2.jpg

So, here it is, pre-season testing for the Professional Racing League. There will be three official testing sessions that will amount to around two hours long each that are not all mandatory but will obviously help with your racing season. You must make sure that the car that you have chosen is within the legal limits for weight, power, performance points, and drivetrain. These parameters are displayed in the main PRL thread. Once again I remind you that the cars allowed in the championship are, the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3, the Audi R8 LMS Ultra, the Nissan GT-R GT3, the BMW Z4 GT3 and the Ferrari 458 Italia after adaption with aero parts, brakes and other required parts.

The first test will be held at the Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and will consist of one hour of dry running and one hour of wet running. This will give all the drivers that attend the session a chance to get used to their cars in both extremes of the weather. The wet weather will be initially extreme wet around the circuit, with sufficient need for the Racing Wet compound tyre. This surface water on track will then reduce and this will give the drivers experience in a drying track. Once the first driver fits the Intermediate tyres, the window to change is open. This rule is only in force during testing.

The second test will be a dry test at the Autodromo Nationale Monza of two hours with all dry compounds allowed to be tested. The final test will be the same as the first but at the Spa-Francorchamps circuit. Throughout testing, practice session rules apply. Drivers must respect track limits and must not block other drivers. If a driver is on a flying lap, they have the right to continue ahead of others, and may overtake others like in a race situation, however, they must not block.
Test One - Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit
Silverstone map.jpg

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Connor Caple - Nissan GT-R GT3
@Darren Holmes - Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Ferrari 458 Italia
@Richard Coleman - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Sakis Politis - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3

So, it seems that before the start of the first testing session of the season, the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 is the favoured choice in the paddock with three of the six drivers using the Mercedes throughout the test at Silverstone. Car setup will be key in this test, and a baseline setup may be what the drivers are looking for going into the second and third tests if they can make it. Darren Holmes and Connor Caple will use the Nissan GT-R entry while Pablo Cortes will be alone in the Ferrari 458 Italia.​

Monza track map.png

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 | BMW Z4 GT3
@Rui F. Martins - Ferrari 458 Italia | Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 | BMW Z4 GT3

trackmap-spa_420x446.jpg

Participants:
@Andrew Holmes - Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
@Rui F. Martins - Ferrari 458 Italia | Nissan GT-R GT3
@P Cortes - Nissan GT-R | Audi R8 LMS ultra

The dates for these tests will be Saturday the 12th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT, Saturday the 19th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT and Saturday the 26th of April at 17:00-19:00 GMT. If you can make one, two or three of these tests, please sign up below with your name, PSN ID, participating car and which tests you can make. If you cannot make the start time you can join the session half way through. Thank you! AMH_Racing [Andrew Holmes] will be the host for the tests.​

Last edited:
I got some useful data from the testing tonight. Mainly that I am 10 seconds a lap slower than others :laugh:

I have some work to do with the car, and the regulations issue meant I had no idea what to set the car at, but Andrew tried one out with 600BHP and it came in around the right time, so I'll stick with that.

My other useful data, after lots of problems on corner exits, was that I was setting the car up wrong owing to me coming from a Front Wheel Drive background. I grabbed a couple of manuals I used years ago to improve my track performance and checked what they had to say about setting up RWD cars to try to fix it.

In the end, reverting to the car's default suspension settings turned out to be the best idea, rather than trying to undo my mistakes. I have a lot of track work to do now with the car so I can learn to handle it and not slide out wide in the corners as much (that 'inside line' I was using that needed about 3 car widths :redface: )

I'll figure it out and even if I don't, at least you'll have a useful back marker for the races... :whistling:

Sorry I missed the fun race at the end, my wife needed me so gaming time was effectively over for a while.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back