F1 2010 Primes vs Options

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
i may be faster on primes but theres not much of a difference really i can drive nearly as good on primes as i am on options but there is a difference the steering feels much sharper on options than on primes but i put the wing up on primes so i can corner better and then down on options and go for speed thats why i prefer to use primes at the start then blast the last few laps on the track on options never fails.

This also means i can avoid the pit stop bug most of the time as the competition usually start on their option tyres and pit early which means that i can gain a good lead and then pit and come out in the top 10 if im lucky :)

I varies on how quick I am in comparison to the AI on each track, but if I can get away with it I will do q3 on primes to achieve a similar race strategy, but I don't know how easy this will be when it comes to tyre sim being on. I like having the grip when it comes to the end, but starting on options and pulling a good lead means more eauL performance across the race. Most of the time I am much quicker on options; by up to 2 secs a lap mostly.

Practice sessions I do try to run 2 on options to see my raw pace, and one on primes to guage my race strategy.

On pretty much every track I'm faster on the Options. You can feel the difference on tracks like Suzuka where you need to hug the apex in those fast left-right corners. With the Options you get more grip, which gives you more overstreer. With the Primes, you can't quite carry as much speed through the corner because there's not as much grip, so there's more chance you drift away from the apex and get understeer.

Saying that, once the Primes have done 3-4 laps, you feel them coming to you more and more, you seem to gain grip. That might be my imagination, but it's how they seem to feel.

primes will naturally get more grip as you wear them down so your point is very valid as they heat up they stick to the track more and add more grip its the initial 3 or 4 laps at first that you need to adapt to and also i agree with you on the fast tracks the options feel better for carrying speed through the fast corners

Since I'm in the HRT right now, having on the options makes a HUGE difference in performance. I usually try to start on the options so I can keep up with (or maybe pass a few) cars while I'm waiting for the fuel to burn off. I know this is a terrible strategy in real life since I'm always starting between 13th and 16th. I would probably do things differently if the AI's fuel simulation worked correctly

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back