Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

After visiting the Dutch round of the DTM series I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at SimBin's newest racing project "DTM Experience" that will be released for PC this winter. Time for a little hands-on preview.

The last time I've played an official licensed DTM game was back in the days of Codemasters' DTM Race Driver 3 which wasn't particular a full blown sim. Apart from the car models, liveries, tracks and driver names it didn't offer me an experience like in DTM Race Driver...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Anybody else having problems with mouse not working when trying to select items in menu?
I've installed the demo but I cannot click anything once the game gets started. The intro plays. I can select esc to get right into the action. The cursor is there and moves but when I try to click any entry, nothing happens. I can select CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up the task manager to exit...but that's it.

Having to do a quick double click to select anything when assigning my controls, (but i like this as it is) then all is ok
all other selections choices round the disc work fine :)
Same as in R3E
aspect ratio 48:9
screen resolution 5760 x1080 120 htz

love the cars and sounds and great graphics
The cars feel well planted to the track as they should.
but push too much and it will bite you in the butt.
im finding the FFB ok yes there always room for improvement but it working great.
it was a nice suprice to see this today .
Top job on a Demo.. cant wait for the multiplayer and start racing these beast's online :)

Last edited:
Out of the blue this, but a great demo Simbin. Looking forward to the full release. The sound is fantastic, graphics look good just on auto settings, and the FFB seems decent out the box.

Can you try removing the graphics_options.xml file in your DTM Experience user folder?

It is located it under your Windows user account in Documents e.g.

c:\Users\YourUsername\Documents\My Games\SimBin\DTM Experience Demo\UserData

Let me know how it goes.

I deleted the file suggested and the results are the same. I've noticed that I can hit the enter key on the keyboard and the game will respond to whatever command is highlighted. I was actually able to get the car on track and run a partial lap using the arrow keys, so the game will run if I can map the controls."Quit event" is selected by default and moving the cursor over the entire page yielded no highlighted information to allow change. Selecting ENTER on the keyboard will exit the game, so that part works.
Could it be a resolution issue causing me not to be able to select menus?.

I deleted the file suggested and the results are the same. I've noticed that I can hit the enter key on the keyboard and the game will respond to whatever command is highlighted. I was actually able to get the car on track and run a partial lap using the arrow keys, so the game will run if I can map the controls."Quit event" is selected by default and moving the cursor over the entire page yielded no highlighted information to allow change. Selecting ENTER on the keyboard will exit the game, so that part works.
Could it be a resolution issue causing me not to be able to select menus?.

Yes. We've had few players reporting similar issues in the past. I believe there is an issue on certain systems with 8:5 / 16:10 aspect ratios. This is a bug on our end so my sincere apologies.

In the mean time, if you can, with some trial and error try various things such as changing the resolution. But I would first try to switch to window mode (can run full screen window mode as well), or vice versa if you actually were running window mode.

Open the same file, graphics_options.xml with notepad and change the value on line 7:

<custom type="bool">false</custom> false means it's windowed. If you set it to true it will be full screen.

From what I understood that is not going to happen Warren. Its DTM cars on DTM tracks as requested by the series owner.

I had already assumed this would be the case, Bram. ;)
I was just throwing out a vain hope that maybe one day, somehow, I might get to actually have virtual racing on Bathurst in a quality Sim.
Now we have a good version of Bathurst in RRE, but all I can do is hotlap. My dream is to actually sim Race on the track, but not sure I'll actually see it in my lifetime. :whistling:
Hi Warren, long time no hear. Bathurst is out in a couple of days at iRacing and if that is not a quality sim, what is? Looking forward to throwing the Skip Barber Formula Ford and the Radical up the hill and down the hill again, for most other iRacing rides I will be too dumb (read: track too difficult for my trying it in the Ford GT40 for instance).

Hey Warren,
Have you not raced Bathurst in RFactor 1?
Its a very nice experience.
I recommend accelerating time to give you a 24hr experience.
Good Racing
PS did you own a surf shop in Wollongong?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back