Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

After visiting the Dutch round of the DTM series I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at SimBin's newest racing project "DTM Experience" that will be released for PC this winter. Time for a little hands-on preview.

The last time I've played an official licensed DTM game was back in the days of Codemasters' DTM Race Driver 3 which wasn't particular a full blown sim. Apart from the car models, liveries, tracks and driver names it didn't offer me an experience like in DTM Race Driver...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
"Futher are pitstops not working, but that is minor issue to me as the pitstops in the real life DTM series aren’t really contributing to the race anyway, on the contrary I’d say. Leave them out in real life as well."

Have to disagree here. The 2 mandatory stops irl are a great strategy element, even moreso with the different tire compounds. You never know the outcome until the very end thanks to it :)

"Futher are pitstops not working, but that is minor issue to me as the pitstops in the real life DTM series aren’t really contributing to the race anyway, on the contrary I’d say. Leave them out in real life as well."

Have to disagree here. The 2 mandatory stops irl are a great strategy element, even moreso with the different tire compounds. You never know the outcome until the very end thanks to it :)
I have to agree but then again I'm happy to have a DTM game at all, even if pit stops are added through a patch. :)

"the pitstops in the real life DTM series aren’t really contributing to the race anyway, on the contrary I’d say. Leave them out in real life as well"

Have to strongly disagree with you there. Apart from that, I liked the preview, thanks.

Hmmnnnn!!! I guess we might be seeing what the future may hold for RRE?????
Hope so.

Would be great if we could add other tracks from RRE in this series (even if just for our own fun), or even better, include a real series that uses Bathurst (hint hint :)) .

From what I understood that is not going to happen Warren. Its DTM cars on DTM tracks as requested by the series owner.

For branding reasons I can actually understand that as well. More or less the same as with the first RACE The WTCC Game from '06. We only had 10 circuits to choose from (minus that pesky Puebla version :D) then and still to date that game gave me the best (online) racing experience as people got so skilled after knowing every inch of the track.

Maybe Simbin is bound on licences to make this a standalone game, but otherwise i can't understand why they just bring us a DTM-DLC for R3E.:O_o:

Now i have a new title with new cars and tracks, where the underlying game engine is almost the same like R3E (BTW with all the same missing features e.g. pitstops, multiplayer, etc.), but i can't combine each other. So driving a DTM car in Bathurst or a GT3 car at the Lausitzring isn't possible. (...unless both titles can be combined later or could share cars and tracks)

Hmmm, demo doesn`t want to start here, but OK, I have one question. Is it possible, that thing has starforce protection?

1.png

From what I understood that is not going to happen Warren. Its DTM cars on DTM tracks as requested by the series owner.

I had already assumed this would be the case, Bram. ;)
I was just throwing out a vain hope that maybe one day, somehow, I might get to actually have virtual racing on Bathurst in a quality Sim.
Now we have a good version of Bathurst in RRE, but all I can do is hotlap. My dream is to actually sim Race on the track, but not sure I'll actually see it in my lifetime. :whistling:

Ernie, you can combine the DTM Experience with R3E. Thats the whole strong point of the platform. R3E is the umbrella with different "experiences" from within the system as far as I know.
Thanks for the information, Bram. :thumbsup:
So as i understand that "DTM Experience" is a standalone game (or can be used standalone), but is also a "DLC" for R3E at the same time. Right?

quick one about the starforce .... it is the same system that is on R3e ; it checks for certain stuff that is running inthe background mainly to stop cheating , i think of it as a punkbuster style thing (personal opinion )

if you have issues try turning off any emulation software / clone software etc ....

if you really get stuck post in the r3e forum / i will run there now and create a dtm help section

Andi

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years