1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PrestoGP S16 R1 Austria - Setup Thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Valerio Vinassa, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

I know it's early:) this is setup for A1Ring but i seen a bit of gents on server so if can help is based on old setup of David:)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Kyran Parkin

Kyran Parkin
    Extremely extreme. Premium Member

Very WIP. Adjust/fiddle with it as you wish. :cool:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  3. jego

jego
    Premium Member

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

use his thread for anything related to Austria regards setups, tips or info on the track :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

I think this may be the setup Vale posted but I'll post it up anyhoo :)

here's some action from the last time we were at Austria for a practise race, I'll put up a hotlap vid once I've done some laps again :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Excellent setup, Valerio. I got down to 1:15.9 with very few tweaks, but my driving is still unstable. T1 and T2 are the major pain points.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  7. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Loving this track!
    Working on some setup tweaks for a more stable rear.

8. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Here it is, still WIP, but you are welcome to try it. It is more stable on the rear while retaining the same good aerodynamic balance from Valerio's setup. My PB with this setup is in the low 1:15.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  9. jego

jego
    Premium Member

Wow, not around for a few days and I see a 1:12.45
    Good that there are still a few weeks left to practice :D

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

heres a hotlap vid of my best so far, great time from martin :)

heres also some fun from some practise that me, sean and vale did the other night, the video goes haywire at 6:25 but havent had a chance to redo it yet, this is a great track for racing on, cant wait until the first race of s16 :)

• Like Like x 7
  11. Hello guys :) I think I said in the sign up thread that I would not be able to participate in the first race, but looks like I was wrong. However, it might be the second one I'm missing instead!

Anyway, started practicing today and since modern open-wheelers haven't really been my thing since I started with rFactor2, the setup from Valerio Vinassa was appreciated. It was easy to drive and I soon started to lap 1:15's with a few small changes to the setup. Now I'm down to 1:13.4 as personal best. Quite happy with that, but looking at LiveRacers it looks like I'm missing topspeed. 270 km/h against 276 km/h for the fastest guys. Let's see if I dare to take some wings off.. Gonna try that tomorrow!

• Like Like x 6
  12. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

( read ironic) hooo its nice know that someone can reach a PB better than mine with mine base-setup:mad::D
    All kidding aside, glad I could help you Hedlund;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Haha Haha x 2
  13. Lol! Thanks Valerio :laugh:
    Hmm I was already using minimum rear wing (53). Next step is "medium downforce package" and that is definitely too low downforce for this track.. So I have to find time somewhere else :p

• Like Like x 3
  14. Cosimo

Cosimo
    Premium Member

Please can anyone shed some light on why the FR3.5, as the Williams F2, have front toe *OUT* instead of IN by default, and same with rear, they have 20' rear *in*, instead of out?
    It seems counterintuitive. I tried changing the setup to a more "natural" front toe in and rear toe out, but I get the impression that I'm working against the car.

Another problem I'm struggling with is the brakes. It's so easy to lock the brakes when using max brake pressure > 100 Kg. Tried experimenting with different front/rear bias, but again, it's very easy to lock them, especially in the downhill off-camber turns. I can use a pressure around 100 or lower, but it seems that I'm wasting brake power?

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Last time I checked toe out at the front and toe in at the back is the norm, and what you're describing is... Well... Backwards. :p It's similar to having more roll stiffness at the front of a car than the rear. It gives an effect of stabilising the car by being progressively more self straightening as lateral weight transfer increases. I'm not gonna say what you're describing never happens (because it definitely does happen IRL too, and I use it myself in oval racing sometimes), but it is the abnormal way to go. With this particular car, if you're having cornering issues, I'd suggest going over other suspension and alignment settings before inverting the toes.

And with it being easy to lock up with high brake pressures, well... The solution is probably to just run less pressure, or not push the pedal as hard in the difficult areas. Bad things happen when the braking force is more than the tires can handle, and this is why a lot of people just don't use max pressure. Those of us who do have some tricks in driving to try and make it work. Namely only using the full force at speed with high downforce setups (and ease off as we lose speed), making extra sure the car is 100% dead straight when we're braking hard, and strategically seeking out the lines which put us on the flattest part of the track to brake. And when all that fails, the only option is to nurse it through because there's no advantage in a flat spot.

• Like Like x 5
  16. lol
    Just arrived from holiday and saw I`m still on top of the prestogp.liveracers.com for the Red Bull Ring :rolleyes:
    Didn`t expect that :D

Here`s my setup I put the time.

It`s a bit oversteery in T1.
    But I was also able to do similar times with a less front wing setting of -1.
    Then it`s not so oversteery no more :)
    I never tested this setup for race conditions (much fuel, ...),
    so I don`t know how it works for the races.

Cyas
    Martin :)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  17. I think you made a fantastic lap and hope you won't beat it right away when you'll do you next session :)

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I`m going for a few laps if someone is interested

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don`t worry Steeve, I`m so relaxed after my holidays so I`m not in a hurry :D

• Haha Haha x 2