PrestoGP Practise Race ISI Portugal ASR F1 Wed 3rd Feb

Fantastic opening round of the season, we were heavily loaded I remember lap1 and 2 we looked like wild animals:D and for me It is a good sign so congratulations to all :thumbsup:

about race really big fun overtakes, spin, the eternal fight between myself and April a bit of all and one big mistake FUEL dont know why and yet it is written at the top of this thread 35mins but Im :rolleyes:different 30mins so no fuel for entire race but Im happy anyhow got my pb did a solid race I had fun you can not wish for anything more.

see you there guys on track;)

completely forgot about this, those incidents I spoke of weren't exactly end of the world but the ones I was annoyed at (at the time) were........

I left loads of room at both T1 and T2 but Martin took T2 like he usually would and didnt think of me being on the outside, nothing major just more space given when in doubt if someone is there :)

this one was a bit annoying I must admit, the only time all night I managed a half decent start to get in front of Martin into T1, I felt I'd closed the corner off enough that Martin would need to back out and not attempt anything, when I felt myself being nudged into a slide I felt Martin had been a bit too optimistic, the only way for Martin to get round the turn safely would be to brake more or get right up onto the kerb. again a little more space is all thats needed.

:)

Sry David, but I was thinking of you !

Here is my defence to

... incident 1 / common:

This was during one of the practice starts in a practice race.
So I tried to figure out what`s possible against you this day :ninja:
This was also the first race with my new installed triple screens :)
So this was the first time I saw my front wheels and the opponents left and right beside me :)
Related to the past with single screen, where I only saw the Good-Year brand on the inside of the wheels and the opponents through the mirrow`s, I felt safe and all under control :D

... incident 1 / turn 1:

On the braking point of T1 I was in front.
I think I gave as much as possible room for you.
On the exit of the corner you pulled right and we had a little wheel-bang.
So what did I wrong ?

... incident 1 / turn 2:

I saw you in front and gave much room with going hard over the curbs and lift the throttle, also saw u giving room for me.
In that moment you were far away from me and it looks like you where slowing down because you were on the curbs.
On the exit of the corner I saw me in front, didn`t expected the we meet at this point because in the moment before I saw you far away.
Then I was already focused on the next corner ...
Sry ... but you were also able to cut back and avoid the contact :)

... incident 2:

Sry, but here I have a totally different opinion :whistling:
You closed the door aggressively and left no room for me.
I braked exactly at the point where it was perfect.
But then I wasn`t able to melt into thin air :p
I tried to give as much as possible room with going over the curbs and you left no room for me.

Sure these were hard maneuvers that I wouldn`t do in a seasons race,
but when we can`t fight for a position in this situation, when do we can ?

Peace :)

the incident you refer to....

you were ahead at turn 1, that is true, you did leave me space, but look at from 0:08 until 0:12 of my first video, did you leave me space on exit? you went left and closed me off onto the kerb it was obvious wheel banging would occur when you give me as little room as possible and we were side by side through turn 1.

incident 1 that i refered to, you mention you saw me far away, at which point? until 0:15 in my first video we are side by side until you come over onto the racing line where i was, if you stay more right then no incident.

incident 2 that i refered to, you were never alongside my car, not once was your front wing next to my car until the last 5m of braking zone, i moved across at the start and left you exactly 1 car width as clearly seen in the replay, you cant suddenly stick your car up the inside 5m away from the corner and expect me to leave space when you were behind until then?

im sorry we obviously dont agree on any of these incidents but please go into practise races with the same mindset you would in a real race, they are not to try manouvers that you wouldnt any other time, you say when can we fight for positions but we can do that easily without making contact, like portugal youd have overtook me easy on the straights so theres always opportunities arise without us getting too close :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back