PrestoGP Off Season Fun Events

- 15 mins super pole (should be enough for one crusing lap and one timed)

I think most people have so far been leaving the pit lane going backwards, to do their flying lap immediately. I'm not sure if this works in Superpole, but if it does, we can get away with an 8 minute qualifying easy. Or with 15 minutes, we can try for 2 laps in non superpole.

I like the idea of doing 2 races though. My vote definitely goes to that.

The practice starts will be very important though, we mustn't skip those here. The start area is pretty tight here, as is the rest of the circuit. So anyone who screws up the start and spins out/goes off somewhere is going to be a menace to everyone who passes them when they make their way back up. So I'd suggest making every possible effort to minimize mistakes here, and do our usual 3 practice starts. (But maybe not all the way to pits on the last one!)

It is very very likely that GP2 mod will be put on indefinite hiatus. I still need the feedback thou but the recent events pretty much demands immediate and full concentration on different title all together. I can still apply the data but there is no point of modding it anymore.. Hard to say anything without saying too much but i has been an EXTREMELY lucky co-incidence that i started to make it in the first place. So you can understand that any kind of feedback now will help me a lot. If i have some free time to go further, i'm pretty sure GP2 Mod will be released fairly quickly by then, the knowledge curve is rising pretty steeply on vehicle physics now and in the future ;)

About best lap times: This track is named the same as the nurgurgring gp track, so the times are, well, you can see what I mean :)

I see what you mean. Guys with no laptime at the GP track get displayed with their Nordschleife PB. But for me it could become hard to drive the Nordschleife under 1:41:955. ;)

Not sure if it's a great idea to delete everyone's PB from the GP track. However, if it's no biggi I would like to get mine deleted so I could set a Nordschleife PB there...

Not sure if it's a great idea to delete everyone's PB from the GP track. However, if it's no biggi I would like to get mine deleted so I could set a Nordschleife PB there...
I did one better. There were not that many times set on the GP version, so I renamed all entries better than 4 minutes to Nurburgring GP and voila: http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=...=1&d1set=1&pacset=1&nlvipset=1&nonleagueset=1

I am not sure if the site will pick up the laps you have already done, but I am not sure, so we'll see :)

ok guys so we have a couple of dates we could use for this one, like reik mentioned it would be best to have this on a normal presto night, minimises hassle then, so with that in mind we have these dates...

Wednesday 23rd July or Wednesday 30th July

im not fussed which we use so if anyone specifically needs one or the other then post and let us know, if everyones fine for these dates then we can go with the first date so we can maybe squeeze a couple more events in before next season starts.

reiks idea about race format sounds good too, so will probably end up something like this....

practise - 1hr
practise starts x 3
qualifying - superpole or 15 mins open?
warmup - 5 mins
race1 - 4 laps
race2 - 4 laps with reversed grid

event would be usual presto times unless anyone wants it put back by 30 mins or so to get in from work and anything else, open to small changes id imagine.

Looks like someone is going to miss out the fun I'm sure someone said '...you cant please all the people all the time' :) Maybe a pole for the date would be best I'm not bothered really so down to April and Julius atm I think ?
I need to get some practise in too :D

I think we should start a simple sign up thread not to risk someone is overlooking the discussion hidden in this thread.

We could set a date until drivers have to tell whether they prefer 23rd or 30th.

Silly idea:
Is it worth thinking about running the event on 23rd and 30th of July, so as many drivers as possible get their chance? I would sign up for both events and hopefully other addicted guys, too. On the other hand I see the risk of running two less crowded events instead of one with more attendance...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back