PrestoGP Fun Race Rf2 Melbourne Wed 21st Jan

It will certainly make it harder with the signups; just 2 days ago I wrote in another part of the forums, since I didn't know about this requirement yet, that signups are no problem usually, just keeping the drivers in during the season is.

You have a very limited user-base in rf2 to begin with, mostly because of the not optimal release back then, the more needed effort to understand all the parts of the sim for newbies and the overall graphics bashing.
If you add to that another layer of effort (getting a premium membership) it will naturaly lead to less racers.

I'm not even critizicing this as I'm fine with this. There are also advantages to these kind of soft-hurdles, as you will end up getting a much higher percentage of dedicated "serious" racers racing with you.
Since the rf2 world is really small you'll meet many guys in many different places again anyway, so you'll know who the dedicated rf2 fans are after a while :)

Ye I agree with what you said Dino I think your right I see it as another obstacle, and April to its just all confusion that we don't need right now we we got enough to do and David has done a lot already, really need everyone to come back on forums so we can see what everyone thinks :barefoot: we already having to either upgrade and/or getting rf2 as to change over + RD license its a lot to ask.

When I think about it to the best thing for me about premium is so I can have PrestoGP Veteran next to my pic :giggle:
PS: Steeve you should have PrestoGP Test Driver :thumbsup:

Well i had exams so wasn't able to race yesterday. But just want to clarify, i'm not gonna do the league if it's premium... Of course it's "low value". But as young student, it's boring to ask my parents their credit card and there are so many competitive/fun/well organized FREE leagues... So why would i pay? And this is quite stange... 3 F-Renault 3.5 running in same time... Isn't it? Formula Winter FSR/ PrestoGP & the VWSR F3.5 which will begin in some months...

Hi Geoffrey, unfortunate you couldn't make it.

I totally agree about the free leagues, PrestoGP is a free league, We won't ask our members to pay any fee to race with us, what we still need to clarify is where that leaves us in regard's RD but whatever happen's PrestoGP will always be free.

To an individual though using RD club races or any leagues that use their servers then I can see the point but PrestoGP as a league don't use RD servers and it's upto any individual wether they participate in club races or RD sponsored leagues.

Regards the 3 leagues using the same car, Thats really none of our concern, Leagues choose whats best for their members we have done the same to keep Presto moving forward with the time's, All of these leagues use diffrent formats have diffrent rules and regulations and are at diffrent times and days of the week, So really it's in everyones intrest to have the well liked cars used in diffrent leagues as it opens the door to many who can't participate in one they then might have an option to suit them.

Last edited:
out of last posts but inside thread:) race report:
Q i did my pb;)
R1 5th R2 3th Race1at start T1 I drive a bit wide (my excessive prudence) so take kurbs spin with car lost 5sec that at end of lap1 were 3sec I tried to catch April front me but after 3 or 4 laps she put the turbo and jump ahead of 3sec:thumbsup: back me Richard at 3sec but in T9 Clark Im a bit long brake so Richard was back at 0,7sec the sound of engine was inside my ears:D but after 2 laps silence speed look on mirrors and saw him in spin finish the race alone.Race2 really nice first 8-9 laps Steeve was ahead David pass me after few laps ( did you sweat a bit?:roflmao:) and then Dino from here nice battles with Nicolas and April until their fault so last 5 or 6 laps I ran alone with mine constant pace Im happy for this.
At home tested a 15laps race open brake duct but and put rad 2 at lap14 I cooking the engine so for race I used rad3 anyone have same problem?

really need everyone to come back on forums so we can see what everyone thinks
:thumbsup:

PrestoGP will always be free.
:thumbsup:

I vote for Steeve ---PrestoGP Test Driver---;)

What you get with premium for some people it can be a good thing and even worth it, personally I don't use it to full advantage, as I really only come on RD to check PrestoGP :notworthy:.

I have done couple different leagues and handful of club races probably, so taking a view of hindsight really I shouldn't have bothered with it, as biggest difference for me as I already said was writing under my name lol.
I think you get that free though some forums :laugh: some people here will still remember when we were on nogrip.com for forum although can't remember exactly reason we had to/or left to come to RD back then though it was a obvious choice of where to go.

Bottom line I'm not to worried about the politics and outcome :D been through a lot before. As long as we, as a group continue to want some sim racing the PrestoGP way we can look forward to some great racing as usual. I'm in desperate need for some side by sides :coffee:

If clarified we need to pay premium to race on non RD servers sounds a bit silly to me anyway, it even seems unenforceable. How could 'RD' stop anyone from racing on each persons own server etc ?
I think I know already the answer if that's the outcome, as for me and most here would think even 1 member or potential new member didn't want pay they obvious choice is we move surely ? and we probably have more than that already not wanting premium.

Last edited:
@Daiman Patel

Hi Daiman, I thought I'd tag you here seeing as this is where the convo started.

Any word on clarification on how the new rules affect Presto?, I don't want to force this but we've had a few people mention that they won't become premium to join Presto and we also have some long standing members who refuse to pay for premium to continue with Presto, as you'll no doubt understand we need to find out what we are doing so we can let our members know, we aren't too far from our next season starting.

Last edited:
@Daiman Patel

Hi Daiman, I thought I'd tag you here seeing as this is where the convo started.

Any word on clarification on how the new rules affect Presto?, I don't want to force this but we've had a few people mention that they won't become premium to join Presto and we also have some long standing members who refuse to pay for premium to continue with Presto, as you'll no doubt understand we need to find out what we are doing so we can let our members know, we aren't too far from our next season starting.

Hey David,

Sorry it has taken so long. I have sent Bram a message, and am now waiting for his response. I'll relay the information to you as soon as I've receive it, hopefully at some point today. :)

UPDATE
Well, that was much quicker than I expected! :D I can confirm that it will not be necessary to purchase a Premium membership to join Presto, as you self-host your events. However, to race in RD hosted clubs and leagues Premium membership will still be required (as per the new scheme). A public announcement shall be made later on today, where you'll be able to see that Presto is one of the few clubs exempt from the new rules. Therefore you are good to go! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%
  • < 5 years