PrestoGP Fun Race - Renault3.5@LimeRockPark Wed 4th May

WTF?.. was in garage, checked that ok, warmup is ending, sat down and... race started? do you need to drive to grid during warmup? cause i didn't see any timer, was expecting to have at least 30s but.. everyone just bolted off with me in the garage... sucks. once again, there is some "secret" that you need to know in order to play these games, each simracing title has their own, whether it is "oh, tick that checkbox to see servers" to manually editing config files or navigating thru 2rd party webshop to get credits to buy something so you can race (r3e: lost over 50 euros, have zero content that i could use that is popular anymore and buying it took two days, AC has it's own UI tricks and buggy servers etc etc.....)

But yeah, that was my short stint in simracing... Wheel off and time to play rocket league instead, at least everything works in there.. effing broken tracks and weird rules, meta game is "how to solve problems so you can play the game". Simracing titles are the worst games in terms of user experience and ease-of-use and i'm not talking about actual driving, which is better than ever. sucks to see this kind of stuff, hurts almost.

Not sure what happened there, Kennett... No secret or anything. 3 minute warmup, then 35 seconds to hit "race" which puts you on the grid ready to go. Much like rF1, R07, SCE, AMS... :(

before I say what happened to me tonight I just need to think and laugh about Martin's post worried I'd win everything in Renault3.5 :O_o: I cant even finish lap 1 most of the time :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Race1 - from pole position I made a mistake into T1 on lap 2, got back on track then spun again, so last place and I was hoping for a Hamilton style comeback of monumental proportions, well that was until I forgot I'd changed my gearstick to manual(I use downshift on sequential due to no working buttons on wheel), so when I pulled back for DRS it went into nuetral first then into 2nd and BANG!! engine blown lol great start :D

Race2 - started from last, went off track at the last turn and the game obviously didn't think my car was repairable so sent me back to the pits, my sum of laps tonight in race conditions? 2 :confused: I don't think you have much to worry about Martin :laugh::laugh:

Good fun as always though, will get another organised soon on a "normal" track :)

Martin & I were robbed in second race (LOL, I robbed myself in first race!).

We both saw checkered flag on lap 30 and results show we'd done our 20 minutes:
<Score et="1237.8">George Emery(0) lap=30 point=0 t=40.909 et=1237.770</Score>
<Score et="1239.1">Valerio Vinassa(4) lap=29 point=1 t=14.725 et=1238.903</Score>
<Score et="1246.7">Steve Combey(9) lap=29 point=2 t=26.847 et=1246.595</Score>
<Score et="1248.0">Martin Floeck (5) lap=30 point=0 t=39.143 et=1247.827</Score>

1237.770 sec / 60 = 20.63 minutes

Then people behind us did not get checker and race went an extra lap.

Note, this is in no way PrestoGP issue but issue in simracing in general. Stuff.. just don't work like they are suppose to and we are letting these companies to get away with it by using endless workarounds :) We get used to the bugs, even love them. That does not happen elsewhere, you got a bug in BF, you have people moving to CS or COD... :) But seriously, not a hobby for me anymore, i need to go on the game much faster, get out much faster and it has to revolve around my schedule, not the other way around. personal situation more than anything else.

Not sure what happened there, Kennett... No secret or anything. 3 minute warmup, then 35 seconds to hit "race" which puts you on the grid ready to go. Much like rF1, R07, SCE, AMS... :(

35 seconds.. hmm, that might just cover the time if it goes directly after warmup 0:00 to that, just.. i was just coming to grid when everyone started, seemed so short that time.. Definitely my mistake, i did sit down after warmup showed 0 time left, get comfortable, cheked fuel and then.. yeah, that sound like about half a minute, i wasn't hurrying :) old Race07 and 2 minute pause is still there..

R1 I am surprised to find myself in 2nd position, I think it was Artyom in the lead and I had better top end speed going into t1 so I was plotting a hero move for the lead! But I dropped back a bit, so was trying to get back close in the last turn for good overtake chance in t1 but foolishly decided to use a bit of DRS approaching the jump, and I was out of the race :D.

R2 Was running in 3rd, and on last lap #1 & #2 cars just seemed to park up in T1! I figured they both crashed out. Emery and Val I think. Race finished 1 lap earlier for pos 1 and 2 cars, I just did one more lap and RF give me the win! Thanks Gjon :D! But of course I was 3rd in reality. I call this the 'random factor' it is a long term feature of the game sadly as Kennett says it is just par for the course in sim racing genre, this culture of crassness, I can't understand it but that's the way it is. Always something, if it is not one thing it is something else. All I can say it hat's off to David for taking on the dirty work of hosting with RF2, it's much appreciated, and if PrestoGP ever need someone to do some ranting on ISI forum well, I am your man! I have never seen this 'lost lap' thing on RF2 before.

And Kennett, it is actually very unusual thing, but yes, I have had that 'lag start' thing too! A long time ago. Race starts 30 secs later for you than it does everybody else! Quality. Your sitting on grid and everybody else is going in T1! But also, and much more commonly, that 'Will all non essential personnel leave the grid now' sound just does not play some times, and that causes me to miss start of race if I am snoozing.

I know that RF2 is big enough pain in butt as it is David, but at tracks that have no DRS zones (and therefore unlimited DRS in race) I think that solution of Gijs to disable the DRS would be a nice thing, I find the non stop DRS a bit crazy, but it's no biggy either way. Thanks all see you next time.

Ha, Ha David ... very funny ...
In Q u where 0,4s faster on a 37s track than anybody else :rolleyes:
From my side u can win every race, because my thrill is to beat you
... only you ... some day ... just joking :D
I`m only in sorrow for the thrill of the others and I meant it generally not explicit you.
I`ll only tried to give an input to make PrestoGP better :)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOKAYYYYYYYYYYY :D

Race 1 was fun, but got banged from behind in T1 and lost some places.
Finally I made a mistake, on that crazy track, where I lost the wings.

Race 2 started better.
Had a great battle over some laps with Valerio :thumbsup:
But I had too much wings so on the straight, I was not able to overtake.
In slipstream I could go beside, but when I was beside I falled back.
Peter D. also overtook me on the straight.
Finally I crossed the finish line on P2.
After this I crashed (just for fun) in George E. standing on the end of the straight,
who finished on P1.
Then we showed up as rejected because of accident and we lost P1 and P2.
Sorry George :(

Grats to all finishers :thumbsup:
Cyas next race :)

Martin

RE: David's lament

Strategy of just staying on track and letting the faster guys fly off the track worked pretty well :sneaky:

At least it did until oldtimers sets in.

Leaping Lime Rock!

Looked like Steve Combey takes the prize for highest air
26804531906_4ef355c958_b.jpg

As you can guess, David Turnbull had the most speed
26565917430_7764c6dd91_b.jpg

Valerio Vinassa showed that you could catch air without much speed
26838633695_666c479737_b.jpg

Nobody seem to catch on to my secret for minimal air (or they thought it was too slow): a well-timed lift off the throttle
26744904912_9181d4b59a_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back