• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

PrestoGP Fun Race - FISI @ COTA Wed 9th August

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by David Turnbull, Jul 23, 2017.

1. James Andrew

James Andrew

Ratings:
    +50
    I have tried low and high downforce, damper, suspension and diff settings all over the place. I can't yet find a way to work them quite as I need. It will come, but it's frustrating right now!

But much of my enjoyment in simracing comes from working a setup. Finding something that works - all by myself. If it isn't the fastest that's fine, but I like to feel that it was me who made it as good as I can for me. Just that I don't see myself making much of a dent in the... eight second (!?) deficit I see on the board right now, and that's much further off the pace than I'm used to. But I'll do the practice race, of course.

• Like Like x 3
  2. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,868
    heres my setup so far :) feels good to me, still getting used to the car and how to set it up right but its alot better than default i think. also getting used to oculus rift but already i feel very comfortable with it driving and took a good chunk off my time within 5 laps, loving it :)

Attached Files:

• d1.svm
      File size:
      4.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,302
    Descriptions and tips from April and Jego tell much about FISI:thumbsup:, if we stay with F3,5 we have more time for improve time lap and consistance, the old:Ddrivers can easily share the setup for the new, otherwise we can start with a new adventure with FISI that ask us more time for setup and skill driving but also,for me, where is my new limit?:)
    Anyhow give me an engine 4tires and steer i come with you;)

• Like Like x 2
  4. jego

jego
    Premium

Ratings:
    +283
    I don't know if I can make it tonight. :(

• Sad Sad x 2
  5. April Dillon

April Dillon

Ratings:
    +1,087
    I'm 50:50 for tonight. Will see what happens!

• Like Like x 1
  6. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,868
    race server is up

7. Lazaros Filippakos

Lazaros Filippakos

Ratings:
    +6
    and what is the password? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,868
    same password presto has used since the dawn of time :)

9. James Andrew

James Andrew

Ratings:
    +50
    Mixed experience, this event. Unfortunately I'm left with a lot of doubts in several areas. I shall keep monitoring the new season thread, see how things develop, and if I fancy a go, I'll let you know. Thanks though.

• Like Like x 1