PrestoGP.com - The web-site

Hi guys.

Every now and then someone asks me about the site, pointing out that it is a bit outdated and incomplete. This is of course very true, and a bit of a tragedy. I guess there are many more who might be wondering about the same, so I thought I would post my recent pm that I sent to the last guy who wondered :) (the stuff in green was not included in my original pm)

There is nothing I would want more than to give the site a real good and much needed update. However, the situation is complicated. The site, the timing system, everything is custom made, but not by me. I cannot let anybody else have access to the server as it is within my business' server park (top security). Therefore I need to make my colleagues who made the site make the updates, but that is a huge favor to ask and can only be done if they find the time and motivation.

The alternative and more likely solution is that I learn what I need to know to modify the site myself. That would include sql, php, html and more :) (it is the relations between the web-site itself and sql tables that store all the data, like members, lap times etc. that I find especially challenging)

But you are very correct, the league could have been so much better with the perfect site to go with it. I have the blue print in my head; I just need to find a way to make it real :)

Nicolai

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years