Precision Motorsports Race of Champions

It´s time to celebrate the end of a long and glorious season of racing, which means it´s again time for the annual Simracing Race of Champions, organized by Precision Motorsports for the 4th year in a row. The event will take place on Saturday the 12th of January, starting from 19:00 CET onwards. The event will be broadcasted live, and everyone is invited to join together in our IRC Channel watching the event.

We will once again see a very competetive field with invited top level simracers including 2 times RoC winner Ondrej Kuncman, 3 times FSR world champions Bruno Marques and Bono Huis, iRacing's star Atze Kerkhof, 2012 FSR World Series champion and last year's RoC finalist Jack Keithley, FSR World Championship race winner and 2012 World Series vice champion Ivar Kalamees, 2011 FSR World Series champion and 2010 RoC finalist Jeffrey Rietveld and last but not least, real racing star and Formula Renault 2.0 2012 champion Stoffel Vandoorne and 8 wildcard drivers. The wildcards are available to everyone and will be given to the winners of 2 Qualifying events ran as a Race of Champions shootout and taking place on the 4th and 5th of January at 19:00 CET using rFactor 1. The 2012 Race of Champions Main Event will be the first one to take place in the brand new simulation rFactor 2.

Sign-ups for the Race of Champions are open from now until Friday, 4th of January. Everyone is welcome to join. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us here.

Watch the Race of Champions 2010 and 2011 Highlights here:

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by Johannes Kunkel
www.precision-motorsports.de

Johannes, more information on the cars and track to be used would be appreciated, as some of the drivers of Positive SimRacing could have interest.

Thanks in advance,
Javier Álvarez

Can you please post the mod until 29th December because I leave the next day and I won't be at home to 4th January and I won't have much time to practice the track.

Qualification events will actually be on rFactor 1. That's done so drivers who get to final won't have any advantage. You can still sign up and see if you make it to final or not - the format of both qualification events is nearly identical to final RoC. All quarterfinal winners advance to RoC final. We will send detailed information regarding everything to all signed up drivers in the next few days.

That's like saying in the real RoC:

"The group stages are in Thailand but the finals are in London"

Rather stupid. Having different sims for different rounds, especially as rFactor 2 doesn't have any proper and legal RoC Track.

So you would let people who advance from qualification test freely on the rf2 track for a week? If quali was on rf2 the mod would have to be given to everyone which would then destroy the idea of no testing. We could pick the whole top 16 and do no quali. Last year even quali events were nearly full, it is a great opportunity for slower drivers to experience RoC type of competition even if they don't make the final. There is just 1 proper rf2 track for RoC, while rf1 has several and that's why we could have done last years' qualification events on rf1.

No, just use different cars for Qualification and Finals. Then the people who make it to the final are unable to practice in the correct cars, therefore being pointless to practice.

Yeeesh, quali is about getting to final, that's all so why do you care so much.

I just don't understand the logic in the idea.

If you want to stop drivers testing for a week, use different cars; not a different sim.

BREAKING NEWS: RoC Officials decide to go to London after Thailand to stop drivers having an advantage! Also, motorbikes will be used so it isn't unfair on motorcyclists etc.

Notice my sarcasm above.

There is no other community that have swapped sims during a RoC Event. They have swapped the cars.

Of course Morgan is welcome to participate in the event, and he surely wouldn´t have a problem to make it to the final event.

As we wanted to give as many spots as possible to the community we could only invite 8 of the most achieved Precision Motorsports members and friends to the event, making the list longer would have been easy as there are many more big names who want to participate. It´s never easy to make such a selection, but I hope noone is thrown off by the fact that he´s not on the invited list and will register to join the qualification event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back