Precision Motorsports presents its 2012 line-up and the PrM-005 car

The 2012 Precision Motorsports campaign started at the historic Nordschleife circuit, where the team and its drivers had gathered to celebrate Precision's fifth anniversary year in the FSR World Championship series. Starting its journey in 2008 from scratch, Precision has clinched no less than 31 race wins in the FSR World Championship, including two drivers' and constructors' titles.

52f2742c98.jpg
b2464d187a.jpg

The successful past is also visible in the 2012 car, the PrM-005, which features the famous patterns from the previous year, with a slightly refurbished look. The kudos once again go to the Lead Designer Juan Diego Sanchez.

The team line-up has largely remained intact with the winning line-up from the previous seasons, as Bono Huis, the youngest two-times world champion in Formula SimRacing, will yet again pilot the Precision team towards more success in 2012. Mikko Puumalainen will start his third FSR WC season along Huis. Having finished runner-up in the 2011 championship, the Finn is no doubt eager to challenge Huis in the title run.

In World Series, the team has brought new talent in form of Jack Keithley, who has established himself as a brilliant touring car driver, but whose success in FSR has yet to blossom. The team has high hopes regarding Keithley for the 2012 season. Next to the Briton, Peter Duivelaar will continue for his second season in the team, having impressed the Precision crew with his consistent drive in the 2011 season. Also known for his brilliant videos, Fred Gosling will jump back to the cockpit, as the 2008 Ace champion will make his return after a year of hiatus. Last but not least, the two times World Series runner-up Cyril Werdmuller will continue his hunt for his first title in Precision colors.

The team has seen no change of staff, as Johannes Kunkel as team owner, Ondrej Kuncman as team manager and John-Eric Saxén as test driver and press reporter, will work together for yet another season.

Team Owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"I´m looking forward to already our fifth season in FSR. When we started our ambitious adventure back in 2008 we didn´t know what would come, and looking back on the years I´m very proud of what we achieved. Our aims this season are not different then in the previous ones. We want to show great performances and fight for both the World Championship and World Series titles. I have total faith in our lineup, which is the smallest one since we entered FSR in 2008, but of a very high quality. I can´t wait for the racing to start."

Team Manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"It is going to be my 7th season in FSR, either as a driver or a team manager. After those years it should perhaps feel like business as usual, but it doesn't. We have achieved tremendous things last 2 years, so there is a lot of anticipation and excitement whether we can keep this up. I am however as motivated as ever to make sure 2012 isn't any worse than previous years. No other team has ever defended titles for the 3rd consecutive season. Winning is never easy on this level, but we have excellent experienced drivers in both WC and WS, who are more than capable of delivering what we set ourselves to achieve. Winter testing has gone reasonably well and we are all anxious to see where we stand. I hope we are heading into a great season full of great and mainly fair races."

To follow the progress of the team during the season, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%