Precision Motorsports 2011 team presentation

Presentation-Banner_2.jpg

Precision Motorsports presents it´s 2011 World Championship team and the brand new PrM-004 in Valencia.

prm004-012.jpgprm004-009.jpgprm004-003.jpgprm004-001.jpg

After inviting the journalists to cold rainy Germany last year, the team has chosen a better destination for this time of the year to present the 2011 World Championship campaign to the public which was invited to Valencia this year, where the new car was given it´s first shakedown on the Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana Ricardo Tormo.

After months full of preparation and testing over the winter the team is proud to present the new contender for this years championship, the PrM-004. It was one of the more difficult challenges for the Lead Designer Juan Diego Sanchez, to adapt the teams championship winning design to the new rules which required a complete change of the car and the aerodynamics.

The new Car will be piloted by the dutch youngster and reigning World Champion Bono Huis and the multiple race winner Jaakko Mikkonen - both drivers who are expected to score multiple wins and help the team to retain the Drivers and Constructors title within the camp of Precision Motorsports.

Bono Huis commented:
"Testing has been going quite well lately, the new mod is a nice improvement compared to last year so I'm really looking forward to the first race. Unfortunately it's still 2 weeks away, but this gives us more time to improve the car even further. Obviously I will try to repeat my performances from the 2010 season, which is going to be very difficult but it's a nice challenge so let's wait and see what happens in Bahrain. I quite like the track, won my first ever WC race there last year so I've good memories from there."

Jaakko Mikkonen commented:
"I feel positive about the upcoming season. The new mod seem's nice and the team has new brains to bring fresh ideas for the setup department. All seems good.
Have a nice last year with rFactor everyone!"

Team manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"I am naturally very excited about the 2011 season. The car looks great, the new mod is a solid step forward, yet I am obviously aware of the tough task ahead of us. Defending a title is always more difficult than winning it. However, we have the two best drivers in FSR for the job. Bono, who will do his utmost to continue his dominance, and Jaakko, who is back on his usual speed that couldn't really be shown last year due to the nature of the 2010 mod.
The winter testing has gone as expected, but it is a bit tricky to predict anything at this point. We are reasonably ready for the first part of the season and will soon start testing for the opening round of 2011 season in Bahrain.
The objectives for Precision Motorsports are to finish first and second in the drivers championship and to win the constructors championship. The amount of work and time invested is greater than last year so I am confident we can achieve what we have set ourselves to."

Team Owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
"I´m looking forward to Bahrain a lot. We have a great looking car like the last years and the team has been working hard to make sure it is as competitive as it´s predecessor. Our aims are to win both the Drivers and Constructors title again and become the first team in FSR to win the Constructors title two years in a row. Jaakko is back on his usual performance which is great to see after a year where he struggled with the car and Bono is fast even on a Bobby Car, so nothing to worry there. Of course it´s always more difficult to defend a title then to win it in the first place, we have to make sure noone starts to underestimate the other teams. It will be a tough fight again.
I want to wish everyone in FSR good luck for the upcoming season, hopefully it will be as exciting as 2010."

To follow the progress of the team during the season, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by Johannes Kunkel
www.precision-motorsports.de

Attachments

• Presentation-Banner.jpg
    Presentation-Banner.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 442

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No