Precision Motorsport Silverstone preview

With the season half-way point passed, the Silverstone FSR race marks the last before a well- deserved 4 weeks of summer holiday for the team, which keeps holding a strong lead in both the drivers and the constructors tables.

Approaching Silverstone, the Precision crew was forced to alter their race preparations slightly, as championship leader and only race winner of the season, Bono Huis, is forced to start from the back of the grid due to a penalty, which will undoubtedly affect his chances to clinch a ninth straight victory. On the other hand, the recent signing of Dennis Hirrle to Mak-Corp Racing will give the team a great boost for the remaining season.

Bono Huis
commented:
"It's going to be a very tough race for me because of my back of the grid penalty. Silverstone isn't the best track for overtaking but I remain hopeful of a good result. Starting from the back is always very risky, my race could even be over in the first lap. But with some luck, a good result might be possible. I had a same situation in Brazil last year, where I started from the pitlane and finished 3rd and I'm hoping for a similar result this weekend."

John-Eric Saxen
, Mak-Corp Racing License co-owner commented:
"Silverstone is a tough track both driving and setup wise; it often requires plenty of fine- tuning for the driver to find the last tenths. After the initial balance was sorted, tire wear turned out to be another main challenge, which put another constraint on our setup work. Overall, the preparations have unfolded better than for the couple of previous rounds, but due to Bono's grid penalty a race win will be very challenging to achieve on Sunday."

To follow the progress of the team during the weekend, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by Johannes Kunkel
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%