Pre-Season Test: Bahrain Pre-Race 2 Briefing

Pit limits (penalties for overspeeding etc.) definitely do work with "black only", yellow flags work (just not full course yellow), and blue flags still work. (It just won't give a live penalty I think, but you'd get one anyway after the race for impeding etc. via incident reports.)

Also, typing is a little bit different to pushing 2 buttons to control your pit LCD.

Also, I finnished with drive thru penalty and the game added me + 1 min to my race time :) BTW maybe it's better to run the game in windowed mode, my game minimized once during the race and lucky I had clutch on.

Pit limits (penalties for overspeeding etc.) definitely do work with "black only", yellow flags work (just not full course yellow), and blue flags still work. (It just won't give a live penalty I think, but you'd get one anyway after the race for impeding etc. via incident reports.)

Also, typing is a little bit different to pushing 2 buttons to control your pit LCD.

If someone holding me more than 1 lap and maybe fight with me who should be overlapped from me and loose every chances for good positions in the end I will not care that the guy will receive penalty after that from Race Control. With blue flags on the 2nd sector you get last warning and next will be penalty.

I found out, our bulgarian league is running only black flags and they told me, it is okey for pit limit and jump starts, also for blue flags, you will get penalty for that. You need to check .plr and .ini file in server profile to be sure and that must be test.

While I agree with Dian's sentiment about a post-race penalty being insufficient for a lapped car holding someone up for a long time, I just want to make sure everyone understands the source and severity of the problem:

The sim often loses track of a car and considers it to be lapped. This even happens quite often on race starts. I've seen it in our private testing with just 3 of us on the grid. The car that takes the lead off the grid will immediately be shown a blue flag because he is not considered to be on the lead lap. The sim's timing and scoring system has somehow become temporarily confused, and this can be seen in the LCD display for running order. Those who ran in the winter series saw this happen a number of times.

The good news is that it seems to always correct itself when the car crosses the start/finish line. So my question to those who know, because I've never tested it, is how long does the sim wait before issuing a black flag for ignoring a blue? If it's more than a lap then it'll likely be okay. If it's less - and one would hope it is for the sake of what Dian is saying - then it's likely to present a problem.

BTW maybe it's better to run the game in windowed mode, my game minimized once during the race and lucky I had clutch on.

There has been an issue of having roughly an extra 40ms input lag while running in windowed mode, not sure if it has changed in recent builds but I wouldn't expect so. I was consistently slower lapping with windowed mode compared to full screen. Test it for yourself and see if it the same for you, i've had it confirmed by others(someone measured the input lag difference to get the 40ms figure) so it's not specific to only me.

There has been an issue of having roughly an extra 40ms input lag while running in windowed mode, not sure if it has changed in recent builds but I wouldn't expect so. I was consistently slower lapping with windowed mode compared to full screen. Test it for yourself and see if it the same for you, i've had it confirmed by others(someone measured the input lag difference to get the 40ms figure) so it's not specific to only me.
I tested and for me no difference in the fps or lag..

I didnt feel anything, I'm always racing in windowed mode.

From my experiences windowed mode adds significant delay if you have;
- Windows 7 and aero on.
- Windows 8 and 60 Hz screen ('aero' can't be disabled in Windows 8). 120Hz and faster screen's don't have as noticeable delay due to W8's better performing dwm.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 222 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%