Round 0: Pre-Season Qualification

Chris

Premium
Pre season qualification.jpg

General Information:
Date: 30th May, 2015
Start time: 19:00 AEST (09:00 GMT)
Finish Time: 19:00 AEST on the 2nd of June.
Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM Thrustmaster AFM
Track: Silverstone National
Conditions: Clear | 26C | 93% locked
Driving Assists: OFF
Fuel Usage: 100%
Tyre Wear: 100%
Damage: 50%
Tyre Blankets: ON
Allowed Tyres Out: 2

Track Map:
map.jpg

Driving Etiquette:
During the Pre-Season Qualification all drivers are expected to obey the RaceDepartment league regulations. In particular driving standards. Remember, people will be trying to complete clean laps, so if you're not on a hot lap, please be generous when allowing cars to pass you. You're not racing, so don't force anyone into an unnecessary accident. Incident reports can be submitted!

When leaving the pitlane, please ensure that you stick the right hand side of the track (Red). Do not cut across the racing line (Yellow), especially if there is a car coming behind you to begin their lap.
Screenshot_ifm_2009_silverstone-national_14-5-115-17-12-32.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-Season Qualification Results:

1st: Sun Levi - 54.2
2nd
: Niki Djakovic - 54.4
3rd
: Ben Dowel - 54.4
4th
: Chris Stacey - 54.5
5th
: Noel Spence - 54.9
6th
: Jamie Pyatt - 54.9
7th
: Thomas Satherley - 55.0
8th
: Fred Locklear - 55.0
9th
: Evan Spall - 55.0
10th
: Frank van Oeveren - 55.3
11th
: Ashley Cowan - 55.4
12th
: Justin Talent - 55.5
13th
: Michael Stead - 55.6
14th
: Tony Binelli - 55.7
15th
: Phil Manning - 55.7
16th
: Tobi Kederer - 55.7
17th
: Jack Trooper - 55.7
18th
: Matheus Machado - 55.8
19th
: David Armstrong - 56.2
20th
: Aidan Keranen - 56.4
21st
: Matt Bailey - 56.6
22nd
: Nick Milton - 57.0

Teams:
  1. Sun Levi | Nick Milton
  2. Niki Đaković | Matt Bailey
  3. Ben Dowel | Aidan Keranen
  4. Chris Stacey | David Armstrong
  5. Noel Spence | Matheus Machado
  6. Jamie Pyatt | Jack Trooper
  7. Thomas Satherley | Tobi Kederer
  8. Fred Locklear | Phil Manning
  9. Evan Spall | Tony Binelli
  10. Frank van Oeveren | Michael Stead
  11. Ashley Cowan | Justin Talent

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I just want to clarify that completing 25 laps in a row within 107% is not the be-all end-all to get into the league. We'll be taking quite a generous approach to it because whilst it's a simple enough task to do 25 laps of Silverstone National (it's only like 5 corners), people do make mistakes from time to time. Obviously if you do complete 25 consecutive laps, then brilliant.

So say you've completed 17 consecutive laps, and then make a small mistake which results in a spin out, obviously, if you've completed 17 in a row, you're not too shabby. So if you can at least show that you're quick and consistent enough, then you'll be fine :).

A 57.2 is an easy target, so don't feel that you have to be banging in 100% qualifying laps the entire session. :)

hi,
what are the rules for car? is it just no traction control no abs ? anything else?

ive not got a race department license yet, but am going to :)

does the server become available soon as i have licence?

i kniw theyre stupid questions, but im not savvy with all this yet

nick

hi,
what are the rules for car? is it just no traction control no abs ? anything else?
Hi Nick,

That's correct, the car has no traction control or ABS. There will be no other assists.

ive not got a race department license yet, but am going to :)

does the server become available soon as i have licence?
We stopped using the license system a few months ago. You can read more here about how to get involved in club and league racing.

I noticed that you've never raced at RD before since you're fairly new to all this, so it may be a good idea to check out some of the Aussie club events that are on offer, when you get your premium membership, before jumping straight into a league.

Of course, participating in club races before hand isn't required, but it is recommended especially if you've never raced with us before :)

Apologies if you're trying to get on the server now but can't select the car, there seems to be a small issue. Hopefully we'll have it fixed and running soon. :)

Last edited:
The server is up and running properly now everyone.
Sorry for the delay, but you've still got the best part of 3 days :D

done a pile of set up laps, then 23 laps at .56 ish, run out fuel :) or :( however you feel, but set ups coming together now, bastard keeping right tyres warm !.

anyway can do better and will tomoz night.

If you kept going after the mistake then it should be fine. But if you had to go back to pits, then it may be worth having another crack at it tomorrow or something. It's not a massive issue if the 25 laps aren't completed exactly, just so long as I can get a representative average time for you :)

screw it. I'll let my attempts stand. I think my second attempt was better than the first. My screw up was because I lost track of what gear I was in and downshifted into first and spun :p. I'll use the time to practice for the real racing :).

random question: Is there any way to set the *tire wear* to a specific amount in the game? I'm not sure if setting track grip to (original track grip)*(tire grip/100) would be the same or not.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 445 39.6%