Pre-Order Now Available

This seems to be a paid advert by the DTM in an attempt to expand the fan base and following of the series. Simbin appears to be solely a developer and has no word in the business aspect and monetisation. Raceroom AG may probably even own their work. And R3E does feel a bit soulless and more of a business venture than a proper racing sim platform and catering more to general racing gamers. However, the game appears to have failed to gain popularity and interest from general racing gamers or simmers atm, with barely any interest/activity on these forums or on Steam. The competitions on their site do show there are a couple of hundred people active,though, but i'm sure that's not what the publisher is aiming at.The game appears to be trailing behind all the other sims/racing games on the market atm. As of now it looks as though it's a flop. I wonder how DTM will do.

I can't say just how much I'm looking forward to this game but I'm going to be so disappointed if the original Blog post is correct and there is No MultiPlayer and No Weather along with No Tyre Choice and No Tyre Pressure settings in the Car Setups.

SimBin should hang their heads in shame if the product they release on Thursday is as above, I can't believe they would try and rip people off to the tune of £33 for that :speechless:

This release now has acted as a possible negative to RRE for me. I was actually looking forward to DTM, hoping it might be a prelude to the future direction of RRE.
However, since I have been trying to run Demo 2, the game now seems to be a slide show on my PC, despite Demo 1 running quite well. I'm now spending too much time trying various options to get it to run smoothly, and not having great success.
Now I'm worried that the addition of AI (and whatever updates have been included in DTM Demo 2) has upped the resources demand on PC's, and I suspect that will also happen with future developments in RRE.
My PC may not be state of the art, but it's no slouch either. It runs most other Racing Sims fine, but the latest DTM Demo slows it down greatly. If I have to "upgrade" my PC to run DTM and then RRE, I'll probably hop off the fence regarding both Sims. :cautious:

Thanks Andi.
Pardon my ignorance but which specific setting is the lowest cube map?

simple cube map only ; keep clicking on the left until it stops
if you have a nvidia card or know how to do it on amd card set the pre rendered frames to 1 in the nvidia control panel leave everything else on aplication controlled ( you can change its power options to maximum )

Andi

should be , just tweak and play , the best thing is to try and get it up to about 90fps , then vsync it ; that way any drops in fps will be less visible ... you may need to run stuff on medium settings etc ..; but it will run it ;

Andi

http://www.dtm.com/en/News/DTM-Experience-Real-touring-car-sport-on-the-PC.html
DTM Experience is crafted with a 100 per cent focus on authenticity

So is there no Weather on the DTM Tour?

I don't follow DTM but in real life are Tyre Pressures changeable cos they don't appear to be in game looking at the Demo(s)?

Are there choices of Tyres in the real world, Soft, Medium, Hard, Wets?, there does not appear to be in game?

Not quite the claimed 100% authenticity really is it?, I think DTM may need to pull that article before they get into trouble for making false claims!

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back