Pre-Order Now Available

There are some details of the game here

http://store.dtm-experience.com/games/dtm-experience-76540001.html

No mention of on-line racing. Pit-stops are implied though not explicitly mentioned.

What does surprise me is the apparent lack of content. GTL came with around 30 different types of car, GTR2 around 20, RACE 07 with 14 but DTM will apparently just have 3. No support series. No historic DTM cars. The Simbin value of old seems to have gone.

Do you think they can use the license for free? Name me one other recent sim that features a popular racing series.

Simbin's skill used to be selecting licenses which weren't expensive but which offered an attractive range of cars and tracks. The FIA GT liicense, the FIA Historic license, the WTCC license and even the STCC license. The lower profile racing series realise a racing sim increases their profile and exposure of sponsors etc and are not too greedy when it comes to licensing, even helping to fund the game development.

It would be a shame if the DTM license was so expensive that it limited the content, especially when in theory if you have a popular license it should be reflected in sales which should then allow you to put more content in.

€39.95 is too expensive for a niche PC sim like this. Reiza have shown how such a product should be priced.

Either Simbin are out of touch or the DTM licence was expensive and they are passing the cost on to the consumer.

40 euros for single class + couple of tracks? Hate to sound negative but is Simbin's markerting department gone mad?
Don't think SimBin has much to say about the price Jebus as they are the developer and DTM the client ordering the game and therefore probably calling the shots as well.

But its indeed a bit high. I'd expected it in the 20-30 euro range.

I find the price on the pre-order page misleading. Landing page shows 34,95 and on the check-out page it states 39,95.

In light of the high purchase price I don't believe this release will do as well as SimBin/DTM would hope, and as others have stated the competition their up against has a far better product on offer as far as content and price is concerned.

It's a shame this title will flounder for sales, DTM/SimBin should reconsider either the pricing or add a lot more content if they want it to do well.

Also there will probably be a new game every year and it will become codies f1 kinda thing, same cars and tracks with some improvements to the game. Of course this is purely speculation but potential for that is there.

Would by this from Steam sale for about 20 euros tho.

My biggest problem is that I don't yet know what I might get for the price (will Multiplayer be included etc?), or even what the price actually is (two different ones quoted). Will it have any integration / association with RRE? So little is known to allow detailed comparisons with competitor Sims.
So, for me anyway, I see any of these discussions a bit pointless until Simbin get their marketing improved. I'll remain sitting on the fence until I see more progress, just like I am with RRE. I'm still somewhat unsure where my current investment in RRE is headed, let alone planning to further invest in DTM right now.

ITR e.V. / Organisation, Marketing und Sales
ITR GmbH
Löffelstr. 40
70597 Stuttgart
customer-service@dtm.com

Needs to improve the marketing, not SimBin.

You can send them a mail.
  • Title: DTM Experience
  • Publisher: RaceRoom Entertainment AG
  • Developer: SimBin Studios AB
  • Genre: Racing
  • Platform: PC, digital distribution
  • Release Date: Winter 2013
that's from the dtm-e side.
simbin-rr-e are developers and publisher

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?