1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-order bonuses for GRID 2

Discussion in 'GRID 2' started by Diego Lopez, Feb 8, 2013.

1. recieved and e-mail from Codemasters with different retailers offering different pre-order bonuses:

Best Buy:

Indycar Pack

- Dallara Indicar and the Indicar pace car
    - 2 new routes around the Indianapolis Circuit
    - Exclusive Online Event

Amazon:

Head Start Pack

- Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren 722GT
    - Discounts in the car upgrades (Online)
    - A unique Racenet bonus

Gamestop

McLaren Racing Pack

- Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 Special Edition
    - 2 new routes around the Brands Hatch GP Circuit
    - Special Online event

GTR Racing Pack

- Nissan GT-R SpecV Road Car
    - Yas Marina Daytime Circuit
    - Exclusive Online Event

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally for my own preference I would take Gamestops offers, damn I love Yas Marina so much I wonder if only "daytime" will be available for pre purchasers or as DLC later on, but having them bith day and night is the amazing!

For my European friends are there any retailers offering something else different? Cant wait for May 28th

2. Amazon German: (Copy & Paste) (translate in english)

GRID 2: The Indycar Racing Pack and the GTR Racing Pack
    Pre worry: our pre-order price guarantee.
    Pre-Order Bonus
    Order now Grid 2 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on and you will receive both the exclusive Indycar Racing Pack and the GTR Racing Pack.

The Indycar Racing Pack includes the famous Indianapolis oval track and an Indycar. With this pack you the Dallara IndyCar and Indy 500 Pace Car available as an exclusive bonus content paint for the Chevrolet Camaro SS and Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition in the single-player and multiplayer modes. The game is also extended to include two new tracks on the famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway oval.

The GTR Racing Pack includes the Yas Marina Circuit during the day and the Nissan GT-R. With this package we offer our exclusive bonus car Nissan GT-R SpecV Road Car in the single-player and multiplayer modes. In addition, all five sections of the Yas Marina circuit may be driven during the day.

Note: If you have already pre-ordered the item, so you automatically take part in the pre-order campaign. Please note that each customer can qualify for the pre-order bonus only once, regardless of the number of orders or items ordered.

3. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

From the CM forums:

DEAL 2:
    SAVE 25% !!!
    Pre-Order Bonus Included.
    Valid until 17th May 2013, 3pm UTC
    Go to GREENMANGAMING.COM and use promo code:
    GMG25-5GT67-87HJ9
    $33.75 = 31,37 (not currency converted, buying it in US is relatively cheaper than EU.)

Comes only with the Headstart pack.

4. on Steam dont you get all of these bonuses when you pre order GRID 2?

5. You are now guaranteed to get the Mclaren-Brands pack (as well as the headstart pack), but the rest will be down to p..p..p..PEOPLE POWER!!....or in other words how many people pre-order to increase the 'reward' unlock meter. Its in the peoples hands to get ALL the above. Time will tell.

You will also have the possibility of getting the original Grid (the next reward in line to unlock), that you can gift to anyone if you already have it.

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Reward unlock meter really? I hope they aren't pushing it too far and turn people away with such actions.

7. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

I think they're just about going to reach the second reward, but there's no way that the final reward will be reached in time. I'm still deciding whether to buy on Steam or go for the offer on Greenmangaming. Supposedly the latter, since it's 10 euro cheaper. Also, I think the price for a pack after release will be less than 10 euro.

So with Steam you'd get 2 rewards already, but also need to buy the other 2. That'd be (assuming a single pack costs 4,99) 40,49 + 4,99 + 4,99 = 50.47

As for Greenmangaming you'd only get 1/4 packs if you buy. In the end that'd be 30,37 + 4,99 + 4,99 + 4,99 = 45.34

• Like Like x 1
  8. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I think they have overestimated the demand for the game. Its only at 76% for the second reward, which is a single player only version of GRiD.

It really does seem like there isnt the demand for the game, so I wouldnt be surprised if the last pack isnt unlocked!

9. I think you're probably right. A lot of people are probably waiting to 'see what happens with the Steam unlocks' before deciding where to buy from.......helping to create their own result by doing so.

Shame really, we could all have had ALL the DLC on release.

Can't have helped that there has been zero marketing of the PC version. Yes it will be more or less a port, but not one single piece of footage showing the game running @60fps, or any details at all of the DX11 implementation.

10. Petar Tasev

Petar Tasev
    Ryder25

I was thinking the same thing Leon. It'd be cheaper to get it on huge sale, and buy the rest of the packs separately than to get two from steam, and buy the rest. Of course, it all depends on the price of the DLCs.

11. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Christopher Hall-Nelson I think Codemasters are in the unfortunate situation that they must release this game at a very crappy moment of the year: month of May.

With F1 2013 being released at the end of the year and also targets at more or less the same usergroup they have to split their chances it seems.

Not surprised if Grid2 gets released with two waves. Now during release plus another hype during the big holiday season at the end of the year.

12. if you preorder it on amazon.de you get the Indycar Pack and GTR Racing Pack. if you buy it at media markt or saturn you get the McLaren Racing Pack

this sucks, i want the Indycar Pack and the McLaren Racing Pack

13. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

sKeno I want them all :p I'll have to have all packs there are for organising club races, so I'll be buying the ones I miss out on after release

14. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

DEAL 2:
    SAVE 25% !!!
    Pre-Order Bonus DLC Pack 4 Headstart + FREE COPY OF GRID 1 GAME.
    Valid until 24th May 2013, 3pm UTC
    Go to GREENMANGAMING.COM and use promo code:
    GMG25-55FJ7-ADQ3P
    33.75$

Get it while it's hot! :)

15. Just to point out that the Steam deal (ALL DLC possible) meter has been shooting up recently. Now standing at 20% towards the final 2 packs (Indy car & GTR). Its in your hands folks, so keep ordering :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

That's because CM is purposely speeding it up, because otherwise we barely would have made it to the second unlock. Good thing though! Although it again creates a difficult situation...

Am I going to use the offer on Greenmangaming, or am I going to wait and see whether the Steam deal reaches all 3 unlocks? Because it it doesn't, I risk losing the offer on GMG... there might be a new one though ;)

17. Yeah I think we all worked out your first deduction. Gift horses.....mouths and all that ;). Having said that, a lot of it early on will have been thanks to people like me, willing to take a gamble with our life savings (maybe not quite), get off the fence and go for it :laugh:

Now 29%
    Now 35%

18. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Looks like I'll be going with the Steam pre-order after all :) Unlock bar for reward 3 is already at 50% at time of writing and at this rate I think all pre-order bonuses will be unlocked before time runs out.

19. ordered mine through steam and already at 67% through the 3rd DLC Pack, think its a no brainer really, especially as i only ordered mine 4 days ago and it was at 5% through the 3rd DLC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/44350/

20. Leon Charmant

Leon Charmant
    Premium Member

Just pre-ordered from Steam as well :)