Practise Schedule.

I'm not sure how Cicada contributes to the season since it's not on calendar? Don't get me wrong, it's fun track and challenging, IMHO educational but would some track from the season be more useful? A1 Ring is not so familiar, it's not a tough track to learn and personally have raced there few times, i think even one or two semi-enduro (+40minutes) events. But it's not often used so it could be better candidate.

They do drive some test days in Jerez which is not on the real F1 calendar, that is the only reason i can think of using Cicada.

I'm not sure how Cicada contributes to the season since it's not on calendar? Don't get me wrong, it's fun track and challenging, IMHO educational but would some track from the season be more useful? A1 Ring is not so familiar, it's not a tough track to learn and personally have raced there few times, i think even one or two semi-enduro (+40minutes) events. But it's not often used so it could be better candidate.

They do drive some test days in Jerez which is not on the real F1 calendar, that is the only reason i can think of using Cicada.

Another pro point for Cicada in my opinion is that the practise race calendar as it is right now has a constant increase of dificulty: Watkins Glen, relatively easy, Cicada more challenging, Hungaroring complete race.
I feel like that wont do any bad.

(btw Kennett if youre still awake and want to be under the first to sign up, wait a couple of minutes before going to bed, Sign-up thread is almost finished :D)

i think kennett makes a valid point, using A1 Ring would be a good start for folk whove never set eyes on it, or even another like abu dahbi or suzuka, im easy to be fair but kennet is right its probably better being one thats used in the season.

i think kennett makes a valid point, using A1 Ring would be a good start for folk whove never set eyes on it, or even another like abu dahbi or suzuka, im easy to be fair but kennet is right its probably better being one thats used in the season.

Thats true A1 ring was the first track ever that I learned with the F1 mod and it was indeed a good introduction because its quiet short.
We'll see, I think we can decide very flexible on that one

I like to tell you my arguments for using Cicada.

No matter which track we use, a new comer will learn and increase experiences just by racing (same goes for the veterans of course).

This track is most likely new for all of us (even the veterans). This would mean a good skills comparison for all of us but especially between new and experienced drivers, so the new drivers don't suffer from the disadvantage of not knowing the track with that car.

It would mean a good alternation, especially for the veterans! Remember, we are still in the summer break and switching things from serious business to some fun (still serious fun :)) would keep things fresh(?).

Last but not least it would be a well deserved contribution for Kennetts hard work. :thumbsup:

Of course using a track from the upcoming season would increase the preparation amount for this event but I'm confident that those, who like to sign up will prepare properly either way.

And as Reik sais, summer is about fun, although the closer we get to season start the more sense it makes to practice the relevant tracks.

Personally I have started to practice Hungaroring, and it could be that I will stay on this track until after the first round (meaning I will not participate in any more fun races before the Hungaroring one).

This is first and foremost because I do not race much during summer, I need the brake to charge my batteries :) (and I am very motivated to do well at Hungaroring).

Btw, I included Cicada at http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=drivers2 and will probably do a handfull laps to get a time registred.

I've been looking at the practice schedule and thinking... :)

From my perspective it is essential to see new members on the Hungaroring server, this is the key to accepting them in the league. With no evidence of practice (no competitive time on PrestoGP.com) one can obviously not join the league.

Considering the tough season start with 3 races in 3 weeks I would recommend for new drivers to put all their availeble Race07-time into preparing for these three races (but mainly Hungaroring).

Also, it could be that we are more than 25 people wishing to attend the practice race (for new members it is vital), and in that case the easiest solution would be to have practice races for Hungaroring both the 15th and the 22nd.

My point is not that we must remove Cicada from the practice schedule, but rather that
a) we can get in the situation where we need to move Cicada to the 8th to make room for Hungaroring
b)only those who know they will be prepared for Hungaroring, Spa and Monza should consider joining this race

EDIT: Big thumbs up to Bob Miley, Victor Ivanov and Kevin Ledoux who already have started preparing and have posted competitive times. Follow their progress here.

In my head I am now counting 23 people (20 excisting and 3 new) for season 9, but I do expect this number to increase when more new members start to prepare :)

I agree, Cicada does really not help in the next season. As fun as it was going to be, it doesn't fit in. I hope there comes more so we can decide early whether to use div1/2 or pre-qualy.
I think we have enough good reasons to still do Cicada on 8th, theres plenty of time to practise for the season tracks after that :)

Sorry to announce I'm out of the practice races on Aug 1, Aug 15, and possibility Aug 22 depending on recovery rate. I tore the ligaments between my thumb/wrist :( and am in the pictured splint for at least 4 weeks.
thumb.jpg
I have high hopes I'll be recovered for the season opener on Aug 29.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back