F1 2011 Practice Strategy Query

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am currently working on a practice set-up strategy and have come across some questions that hopefully you guys can answer.

(1) I wouldnt expect the AI to use OPTION tyres in P1 but they do, is this normal practice?

(2) I wouldnt expect the AI to use DRS on every straight in P1-P3 unless working on Qual set-up, but they do, is this normal practice?

My strategy in P1 would be to use PRIME tyres, STD Mix Fuel and only using DRS in the right zone.

What do you guys think?

I do as follows

P1 Primes only a 6 laps of fuel run turning fuel mix up to mix 1 by lap 3 then run till empty, come back in then look at the tyres see the number on them then put in that number of laps rounded up.

P2 4 laps of fuel high mix straight away back in and then back out with a full tank. When the tires are shot come back in and use the Options im gonna lose anyway 5 laps mix 1 by lap 2 and run till empty.

P3 Primes 1 low fuel run for a quick laptime.

No DRS for any high fuel running unless I am right behind a car coming into the DRS zone.

My program is a bit different:
P1 - 10-15 laps stints with prime tyres and mix 2 to get used to the track. In P1 I only use my first set of primes until they are dead and work only on my race setup using DRS only in the right zones and only if I have a AI car in front of me.
P2 - 4-5 laps of fuel and practice Qually pace until I completely destroy both primes and options.
P3 - I barely go out because I save my tyres for the race and qually or just fill the tank to full and do a race simulation.

My program is a bit different:
P1 - 10-15 laps stints with prime tyres and mix 2 to get used to the track. In P1 I only use my first set of primes until they are dead and work only on my race setup using DRS only in the right zones and only if I have a AI car in front of me.
P2 - 4-5 laps of fuel and practice Qually pace until I completely destroy both primes and options.
P3 - I barely go out because I save my tyres for the race and qually or just fill the tank to full and do a race simulation.
This /\
with an addition of occasionally skipping P1 to change a brand new engine for a slightly used one (currently at Catalunya with a unit at 92%), though I think I should do P1 and P2 on a new engine and swap it in P3, since a few tyre sets are assigned only to P1 and P2 - skipping P1 means wasting completely new tyres...

thats what i do:
practice 1 : 1st installation lap. then i check wheter i hve RandD or not.if i do i take low fuel with me and set of primes and do the RandD(fuel mix1 in P1 and 2 always) , and come to pits right afer i set a fast lap.then i take maximul fuel tank and the primes i used and drive 5 laps to get the braking points,then come to pits . now i drive 5 laps with 75% fuel of max fuel , then 5 laps with 50% fuel of max fuel,and last the same with 20% fuel of max fuel.all is done with 1 set of primes and fuel mix 1 .so i have a full set of primes and one option as well.no drs used at all in P1

practice 2 : 1st installation lap. then i check wheter i hve RandD or not.if i do i take low fuel with me and set of primes and do the RandD(fuel mix1 in P1 and 2 always) , and come to pits right afer i set a fast lap.then i take maximul fuel tank and the primes i used and drive 5 laps to get the braking points,then come to pits . now i drive 5 laps with 75% fuel of max fuel , then 5 laps with 50% fuel of max fuel,and the same with 20% fuel of max fuel. this is done with the other set of primes and fuel mix 1 as well. i have no drs used at all till now.now i take my set of options and take 10laps and just drive 10 hot laps with drs used , with fuel mix 1 .

practice 3 : 1st installation lap. then i check wheter i hve RandD or not.if i do i take 10 laps of fuel with me and drive out with set of primes and just do 10 quick laps with fuel mix 2 .i do the same if i dont have RandD too. then i come to pits and sim till end of P3 and do a qualifying test. i take 5 laps of fuel , fresh option set and just drive 1 or 2 qualifying laps on fuel mix 2 , not 3 until Qualifying.

try out to , will help you with race pace on initial stints.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.1%