• "My mind is always racing." - Justin Bieber
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Practice Race Thread

Discussion in 'XB1 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Matthew Booth, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    Instead of whacking it in the paddock chat and cluttering **** up. This shall be used for anyone to organize some practice

Shall be a Suzuka practice on Thursday time to be confirmed (depends on people preference if turn up at all)

• Like Like x 3
  2. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    Nice one Boothy.

I'll definitely try to get on board for this one this week :thumbsup: Best time for me is always the later slot but if others prefer it different go with them as it's always best to get the most on the grid as possible and if earlier suits more then go for it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    I suspect will be 9pm as usual.

4. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,549
    Sticky, so it stays up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +143
    I should be home by 9 so send me an invite plz

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    I'm in for this. Will there be a practice session before qualifying?

7. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    Depends on you guys really cos to get tyre wear correct it would need to be an 100% race regardless of how many laps we actually do.

8. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    Send me an invite even if I'm not there when you start ok Boothy :thumbsup:

9. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    What time you planning being about cos i can whack a practice on to give you time if want Peter?

10. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    I'm around shortly but just checked and no one else is lol

11. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    In hindsight AI was a bad idea got taken out by Palmer & Ocon after Perez rammed me on the start haha Race pace feels comfy on pace with Peter on softs :)

12. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    I enjoyed that. I'd already got in a one stop practice race so this was a good chance to compare by doing a two stopper. Messed up my fastest quali lap and lost over half a second but still enough to line up second behind Boothy. Got passed by the Force India of Perez at the start and he and Boothy clashed sending Boothy off track on the left and spinning Perez but luckily I was quick enough to avoid him, It seems Will and Gareth might have got caught up in it though. I was off on my own from then on swapping fastest laps with Will until he crashed out. Boothy also ctashed out I think and Gareth was unlucky as well and had to pit early and I lapped him in the first few laps.

I decided to complete the race even though the Hard AI are not much of a challenge and I built up a big lead over the first stint. There was a SC period for some reason early in the second stint and no issues caused by it but it wiped out my lead so had to build it up again on the restart which was easy enough with my pace being 2 or 3 seconds a lap faster. Only issue for me was when lapping one of the AI who got in my way and caused damage to the front right of my wing and cost me 2-3 seconds per lap from then on so never really got to exploit the pace of the super soft compound over the closing 10 laps.

Good run out but shame the other three guys had such short races. I enjoy the AI and don't have too many issues with them at all when I race.

• Like Like x 2
  13. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +143
    Well that was short & sweet! I could drive this track all day & was having fun working my way through the pack after k-mag decided to be typical k-mag & punt me off on the first corner & i was plum last. Palmer was on one too hitting me twice into the barrier. After all that i started getting into the groove & was trading purple laps with peter then this happened & it was race over http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/BIGWILL369/video/37473581

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow Wow x 1
  14. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    Back to the drawing board then. Those first few laps were a proper mare. I spun all on my own out of the first corner and for the rest of that lap spun everywhere, the front wouldn't turn properly and the rear felt like it had no downforce or stability whatsoever, as if the rear wing was on 1; never experienced the car like that before last night. Almost funny really as it felt fine in qualy. Took me a few laps to find any rhythm but by then it was too late.

• Wow Wow x 3
  15. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Lobby for practice now, but can be turned into a race if anyone is about.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    I did jump on and join your session Rob but it seems you weren't there anf only AI were doing any laps... it had been running for about 20 minutes but your car was still in the garage.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  17. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Yep. Searching for a setup on line. lol. I'll be there shortly. Prac is 90 mins.

18. unaufadox

unaufadox

Ratings:
    +166
    Great idea! Missed it but, still :) Will others be mentioned here for future races!?!? :D

19. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,303
    Yes they should be Wes. Makes more sense than setting up a separate thread for each practice especially when there are usually only a handful of us.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob

Rob

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I'll be hosting an Assetto practice lobby Saturday at 2pm my time. EST US.

• Like Like x 1