Practice race at Silverstone Wednesday 26th of January

Nice event guys, and sure 3 starts without incidents congratulations to all for this, our level is increased:good:.I tried saturday with mates of FPPS and see that medium tire was not agreeable for me so I decided for hard tires and 77litres of fuel nice choice if I think that in race 1 finished with only 0,7litres of fuel:).for good part of race1 I run with behind me Kurt nice pressure mate and with mine surprise finished in 4th.in race 2 start from 4th but in turn 1 got stuck so lost many place and run in turn 2 in 11th along the race I meet Jim so we had some laps together nice and clean battle mate.

Congratulations to Winners and All Drivers

PS.Thanks Nico for the compliments:)I studied during the holidays:wink:

Apologies for my botched start in Race 2.

I was really nervous starting on the front row after the reverse grid. In fact at the end of race one I was thinking of parking and letting a couple of guys pass so I could be 9th instead of 7th. But when I came to the last lap Reik had lapped everyone up to ninth place so I had no choice but to stick with 7th.

I was so nervous, I was in neutral when I dropped the clutch :( Sorry to the guy who started in 4th and anyone else I may have caused a problem for.

Most of you seemed to just shoot on past, which was fine too as I prefer not to have a lot of really fast guys impatient to get past me. It isnt that I am afraid you will run into me. I am worried I will cause an accident, by inadvertantly shutting the door, and mess things up for you.

As for the races as mentioned last night I had great fun. In race 1 I moved up from next to last on the grid to 7th. In race 2 after falling back at the start I stablized around 6th for the race. Had good fun with Christian, Nico, Eliezer and a few others. Btw. when I notice people are much quicker I tend to let them pass by slowing slightly on the straight. I did this for a few guys last night, including Jim and Eliezer. I repassed both guys a few corners later after they had spun or crashed.

I used a slight variation of Tims qually setup - thank you Tim. I ran race one with medium tyres and had excessive tyrewear. I changed to hard tyres for race 2 which was a bit slower and only a little bit less tyrewear. I was happy that I could keep heat in them and they seemed more stable, but that was probably just because we had more practice.

Hi Chaps

I was hopeless:snail: last night, still had some fun though:D

A word of warning, dont take too much curb at abbey corner (see attatched) I did and it just flipped me over:rolleyes:

Jim

Attachments

• capture_2011-01-26_23-41-52b.jpg
    capture_2011-01-26_23-41-52b.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 217
yeah, also going too wide on the outside curb of the first and last corner causes you to spin easy. I did so in the second race, so I hopefully learned my lesson.

Anthony, I wish you the best for recovering soon. :)

Congratulation to everyone, that was great and very useful.
My first race was not good, I lack of practice (I just trained one hour since last season) and my medium tires were overheating and wearing too fast. Sorry Valter for the tap in T1.
I chose hards for race 2 and was more consistent, and made the same lap times as in race 1. I had a good start also, sorry Reik for the tap at Maggots in lap 1, I assumed I passed you but I was wrong, we were wheel against wheel and you had the racing line. It was nice fighting with you!
No problem Nicolas, it was me that was a bit impaired and was forced to release the accelerator slightly:)

Good luck Anthony and David who could not attend.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back