Resource icon

Misc PP-filter for Oculus Rift CV1 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Frank25 submitted a new resource:

PP-filter for Oculus Rift CV1 - PP-filter for Oculus Rift CV1

version 1.0

To get a better performance with the Rift with constant 90 FPS, I've played AC with disabled PP effects until now. But with PP effects disabled, you almost can't see the brake lights and rear lights of many cars and have no sun effects. So I've enabled the PP effects, but with the original PP-filters of AC the game is much too bright and I don't like the auto exposure.
My aim was, that the game graphics should look like before with disabled PP effects, but with working effects...

Read more about this resource...

I think there should be no big difference as I only disabled "CHROMATIC_ABERRATION" and "VIGNETTING" and set "DIFFRACTION_RING=0" for "GODRAYS".
It was not my aim to improve the performance, but you can check the framerate with the "OculusDebugTool".

Hey there,

just wondering if it´ s possible to rename your file to default2.ini (for example) in order to keep both, the original filter and yours for better comparison...?

thanks for your work!!

Edit: no need to keep the original ;)...this one´ s great!! looks really awesome

Last edited:
I don't know if its a recent thing or something brought on by poorly modded cars but I have just noticed an issue where sunlight on the dashboard is whiteing out the dials (when the sun is behind me). Well, I say when the sun is behind me, it doesn't seem to mater if I set the time to midday (sun directly above) or choose a cloudy day, I still get dash dials white out.
I have tried tinkering with loads of settings and changing ini files but I can't get it to stop. Any ideas?

I have a question, How I can run this filters? It is automatically run after installed? this PP work only with Oculus Rift mode selected in Video Settings in Content Menager? This work with oculus Quest 2 in OpenVR mode selected in Video tab ?

I have a question, How I can run this filters? It is automatically run after installed? this PP work only with Oculus Rift mode selected in Video Settings in Content Menager? This work with oculus Quest 2 in OpenVR mode selected in Video tab ?
The filter is installed as "default" PP filter, as AC automatically uses the "default" PP filter in Oculus Rift mode. You can select other PP filters in the options menu, but this will have no effect. Of course you can use the filter also in single screen or Open VR mode, but then you have to make sure that the "default" PP filter is selected in the menu.
You should only use the filter, if you use the vanilla AC without CSP and SOL. In "Content Manager" with CSP and SOL, you should better use the "_Sol" PP filter, that works perfectly with the Oculus Rift.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back